Chapter 44

BEN Drowned POV
Both myself and [Name] head downstairs after her mother had called to her. Though, as soon as I saw Susie, my gut churned and my blood boiled.
Why did I fucking save that asshole...
Just as I reached the bottom, I felt a sensation in my jean pocket, it was my mobile. I quietly rush back upstairs to [Name]'s room to answer it. The number shown was marked 'unknown number'.
"The fuck?"
Swiping the bright, round green button across the screen to answer, bringing the phone to me ear before listening.
"BEN, y-you're in t-t-trouble."
I knew straight away that it was Toby. But why was he calling from an unknown number? Why not use his phone.
"Yeah Toby, I think we all know how much trouble I'm in by now."
"N-No BEN. You d-d-don't understand. It's- Oi Toby! Gimme the phone."
I listen to the familiar voice in the background, followed by a sadistic chuckle as Toby puts down the phone, only to be picked up again.
"Ello brother. Been a while."
I instantly hang up without hesitation. Dark Link...I needed to get back to the mansion, and fast. Whatever reason he is here, it's never a good sign.

~**~

"BEN. Glad to see you."
Dark Link grins evilly as he wraps his arm tightly around my throat, a knife in his hand as it's cold blade presses hard against my skin.
"Wish I could say the same Link.."
He chuckles and pushes me away harshly, causing me to stumble but I manage to regain my balance. I look around to see EJ, LJ, Jeff and Sally. Poor Sally, her face was full of hatred, remorse, sorrow. Tears streaming down from her eyes. Sadie was like a mother figure to her.
"So I've been told. You ain't doing your job properly? What happened BEN? Girl got under your skin?"
He laughs with a wide, sharp toothed smirk as he paces around, back and forth. His dark shadow eyes glued to me like a hawk, watching its prey.
"That's none of your business-"
"Oh no, it's very much my business now. That's why I was called here. Ain't that right EJ?"
I felt instant betrayal flood through my body as I turn to face EJ. He lent against the door frame with his hands deeply stashed in his pockets.
"EJ? You called him here?"
"We found Sadies body. You rescued that girl from my operating room and used Sadie as a diversion. As an escaping prisoner. You brought Sadie into your shit-storm. And how she's dead."
I felt so angry. It was EJ and LJ that killed her in the first place! But, I did feel somewhat responsible.. I did ask for her help.
"Okay.. I admit. I dragged Sadie into it.. but why is he here."
I growl angrily as I point to the abomination that stood beside me by the back door, glaring at me wide eyed with a sadistic smile.
"Oh that's the best part. See Slender, being the nice guy he is. Is giving you once last shot. If you don't finish the job and destroy [Name] and her friend. Then I will."
His smirk grew more and more mocking and evil as he chuckles lowly.
"You touch her and I'll kill you."
I snarl as I move towards him, standing directly in front of him, my face only inches away from his.
"Don't worry BEN. She won't notice the difference. After all, you know how good I am with my appearance. One click away to being your instant twin."
This fuck was planning on killing [Name] in my image, rather than his own. So she would think that I'm the one killing her.
"You sadistic fuck."
"Tick Tock BEN. Tick Tock."
I hear Jeff mock behind me as he taps his knife against his nail, symboling a clock.

Giving Link one last glare. I make my leave. Heading back to [Name]'s house. I need to concentrate and prepare for tonight. It was the school party. This is my one and only chance to be rid of Susie for good.