vi.

newtie has come online
*one unread message from tommy*

tommy: we should call... I'd
love to hear your voice

newtie: yeah, sure. give me one
second. do you have Skype?

tommy: of course! it's shucking.thomas

newtie: lol, okay. calling now.

*newt isaac is calling*

Thomas licked his dry, cracked lips before answering. Newt didn't have it on video chat, which Thomas was thankful for because he honestly looked like crap.

"Hello?" his voice cracked a bit as he spoke, his nerves showing through.

"Thomas!" Newt's voice was soft and pure, he sounded how he looked.

"Wow... your voice is very... British," Thomas shut his eyes and groaned at his response, running his free hand over his face.

Newt didn't seem to mind.

"Your voice is very American," Thomas smiled brightly at the way Newt laughed, a sound he could definitely get used to.

"Sorry, that was stupid," Thomas chuckled in defeat, picking at a thread on his blanket.

"It's okay... Wow, this is strange," Newt sighed, but not in a negative way.

Thomas bunched his eyebrows together. "What is?"

"Talking to you over the phone. I mean, I'm not used to hearing your voice. Don't get me wrong, I like it! I love it! It's just different,"

Thomas laughed this time and shook his head, even though Newt couldn't see him. "I love it too..."

-

Thomas put his phone on the charge right before it died and walked out of his room to grab a slice of leftover pizza with a small smile on his lips. Minho and Aris were sitting at the table, their phones out as they watched something on YouTube while they ate.

"You're still here Aris?" Thomas raised an eyebrow at him after checking the clock. 12:07 a.m.

"Yeah, I'm staying the night," Aris covered his mouth as he spoke. "Gotcha," Thomas nodded and took out a bag of frozen burritos since Aris and Minho had the pizza.

"So, you tell him?" Minho piped up from beside Aris. Thomas closed the microwave door and turned it on for two minutes, putting the rest of the burritos back in the freezer. "Tell who what?"

Minho slowly smirked. "Your boyfriend who doesn't know he's your boyfriend. Ya know, your imaginary boo!" Thomas rolled his eyes, but he couldn't deny that his heart sped up a bit.

"For one, imaginary means fake, and he's definitely real. For two, no... I didn't,"

Before Minho could say anything else, Thomas was taking his burritos to his room. He couldn't have told Newt. Not after he heard his voice. He did not want to lose Newt because of his own feelings.

-

okay soooo, sorry i haven't updated. i lost my phone, but now i have another because my friend is an actual blessing and gave me her old one!

also, idk if i've mentioned this, but this story is my very first 'texting au' or whatever, so i have no idea if i'm even doing everything right. lmk if i need to improve on anything!! love you!!

also also, i wrote this at like 7 in the morning, yikes