PART 80

Only two comments in previous chapter..
That's the worst response I've ever gotten..
It's actually disheartening..
I've nothing to say..
It's just useless to say anything to you..
Anyway.. I've started it.. And it's my responsibility to end it as well..
So I'll end it in next five days..

__________________

Finally it was D-day...
The auspicious day which was fixed to tie SanDhir in the nuptial bond..
Presently all Agarwals and the relatives and friends were gathered in the beautifully decorated garden of Agarwal mainson...
The Haldi ceremony was about to start..
Sanyukta was called a few minutes ago and everyone was waiting for her arrival..
And in no time she was there..
Sanyukta was looking not less then a fairy in a yellow lehenga accompanied by flower jewelleris..
All were in awe seeing her..
Sanyukta blushed as everyone was looking at her only..
The ladies of their gang made her sit on the decorated place...
Her sister in laws Anika and Gauri too came to her with the 'arti ki thali' and the bowl filled with turmeric and sandalwood paste..
The elder women from their relatives asked Anju to start the ceremony by applying the paste on Sanyukta...

Aunt of Kishor - Anju beta.. Chal Sanyu betiya ko haldi laga aur rasam suru kar..
Another Lady - Haan.. Ladki ko haldi lagane ka sab se pehla haq toh maa ka hi hota hain..
Anju - Jii.. Rasam suru karte hain.. (she went to Sanyukta and caressed her hair and cheek lovingly which made her smile brightly..)
But instead of applying the paste on her Anju turned to her left and called Rupa who was standing at a distance with a big smile on her face..
She being a widow was not allowed to take part in any auspicious activity as per our society's rules..
Anju - Rupa.. Zara yahan aana..
As Anju called her all looked at Rupa with confusion...
Even Rupa was herself confused that why Anju was calling her..
Another relative - Anju jii aap usse kyun bula rahi ho?? Aise shubh kaam me vidhwa ka rehna accha nehi hota..
Pehle hi aap usse sabke saath yahan khade hone diya hain..
Par ab... (she was cut in between by Anju)
Anju - (looking at the lady) yeh meri beti dikh rahi hain aap sab ko.. Main maa hu nah iski..
Par pata hain mujhe toh adhi baatein pata hi nehi meri beti ke bare me...
Par iss vidhwa ko nah Sanyu ki har choti se choti aur badi se badi baat pata hain..
Sanyu ko jab koi cheez nehi milti hain nah toh woh mere pas nehi aati.. Woh toh aapne Rupa dii ko jake puchti hain..
Jab meri bacchi bimar hoti hain nah tab main nehi jagti hu raat bhar uske liye.. Woh Rupa hi hain jisne pata nehi kitne raat jagke bitayi hain Sanyu ke liye..
Panch (5) saal ki thi Sanyu.. Jab uski Nani ki mout hoyi aur hum usse yahan aapne pass le aaye...
Depression me thi woh aapne nani ko khone k baad...
Tab se Rupa ne meri bacchi ko sambhala hain...
Maa bap dono ka pyaar deke pala hain..
Are main toh bata bhi ne sakti ke kya kya kiya hain iss vidhwa ne Sanyu ke liye..
Words kam padh jayenge..
Rupa ne nah sirf Sanyu ko paida nehi kiya..
Bas yeh ek kam chodke sab kuch kiya meri beti ke liye..
Aur agar woh Sanyu ke liye shubh nehi hain toh yahan present aur koi toh bilkul bhi nehi hain.. Main bhi nehi..
Aur ek baat.. Main yeh sab aap logon ko issiliye nehi bol rahi kyun ki hume koi fark padhta hain aap kya soch rahe hain usse..
Main toh yeh sab boli kyun ki main chahti hu ke Rupa ko pata chale ke woh hum sab ke aur specially Sanyu ke zindegi me kya maaine rakhti hain..

Rupa was in tears.. All family members' eyes were moist... And those who were against Rupa's presence hung their head low and choose to be silent..
Anju moved towards Rupa and wiped her tears...
Anju - Aaj humari bacchi ki shaadi hain.. Yeh ansu Vidaai tak rok ke rakho.. Aur abhi chalo aur rasam suru karo..
Rupa - (joined her palms in front of Anju)
Thank you mam.. Aaj aapne jo bhi kiya mere liye uska ahesan main kabhi chuka...
Anju - (hugged her) Are ab bas bohot huya.. Chalo abhi.. (she dragged her to Sanyukta)
Rupa wiped Sanyukta's tear and kissed her forehead..
Gauri - (holding the turmeric bowl) Rupa dii.. yeh lo..
Rupa - (smiled at her) Jii.. (she took a little amount of the paste and applied on Sanyukta)
Next Anju did the same followed by other family members, friends and relatives..
Shivay and Omkara didn't let anyone notice their tears very skilfully and troubled their baby sister a lot by smashing all the paste on her face but in reality they were vulnerable from inside seeing their baby sister was about to leave their house...
They were satisfied and relaxed as they knew she would be happy with her new family...