13 | Mimosa

E L L I E

The weekend rolled by pretty quickly. Other than sitting in class sulking over the fact that I have to read the book Xavier gave to me, it's been pretty ordinary. However, since the sleepover at Taylor's place, I've hardly been able to focus around Xavier.

It's been a montage of our eyes meeting momentarily, me looking away swiftly; him asking if I was okay, then smiling nervously as I tried to play it off. Also, there would be this awkwardly long moment where I'd stare at him in complete silence, wondering if I really liked him or if Taylor had ratted out on me.

It doesn't seem like he suspects anything and even if he does; he doesn't show me that he knows of this complicated dilemma that I have gotten myself into. And I truly hope it stays that way until I've figured out my feelings. . . if I even have them. "Come on, lazy. Canada's wonderland awaits no one." Alec exclaimed as he ripped my small pink duffle bag from my hand.

I followed him down the stairs and into the corridor, where my mother stood with her hand resting against the frame of the door. Xavier's band's van was parked outside, Lizzie was already sitting comfortably in the back since he picked her up on the way here.

"When were you going to introduce this friend of yours to me?" My mother questioned as she stepped out of the way for Alec to walk through with both our bags hiked over his shoulders. I chuckled softly, "mom what do you mean? It's not like he's my boyfriend or anything he's just a friend." She rose her finger in the air and wiggled it slowly.

"You introduce all your friends to me, give me their number so I can also make sure you're safe when you're out with them. If something bad happens to you and you can't get to your phone, at least I'll have their number to call to make sure you're okay."

I couldn't really fight her on that seeing as her reason was valid. When I made it past the front door Xavier came into view, dressed in a black graphic t-shirt, faded black jeans and a leather jacket. It was the bare minimum, to say the least, but considering the fact that I've been relentlessly thinking about him for the past week, this made him appear like a runway model.

"X-Xavier can you come here for a second?" He tore his eyes away from Alec who climbed into the back of the van and jogged towards me, confusion etched on his face. My mother stepped through the threshold of the door, her hand on her hip, a smile on her face.

I knew that smile was fake. It's what I call the default smile; something she sports in case the person is someone she actually likes instead of automatically coming off as disapproving. If she decided she doesn't like them later on, her smile would gradually falter, and if she does like them, it grows wider. Let's hope Xavier passes the smile test.

"Xavier this is my mom, mom this is Xavier, our friend." I had to emphasize both my last words so she wouldn't get the wrong idea because I am 100% certain she will. "Y-your mom? Geez I'm sorry you look so young I mistook you for Ellie's older sister! A pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Green." He took my mother's hand in his grasp and pressed his lips against her palm lightly.

Though she was aware he was kissing her ass to pass the vibe check, she still fell prey to his charms and blushed deeply, a light chuckle bursting through her lips. Her smile grew wider. YES just tell an obvious-looking 40 something-year-old woman she looks like her 17-year-old daughter's older sister and she will fall at your feet.

At least he passed the smile test.

"W-well thank you. I do get that a lot." No, she doesn't. "They don't lie when they say black don't crack." He laughed heartedly. I rolled my eyes, deciding that I didn't want to listen in on this cringe conversation. As I began to saunter towards the van, my mother called out for me, "hey, come here! You too Alec."