Golden Handcuffs

Chapter 7

Golden Handcuffs

Dear Chandelier

Some Explicit Content

Before I even opened my eyes, I felt an intense pounding in my head. I slowly opened my eyes and looked over at Ryan with a smile on my face...until I felt a cool breeze on my back. "What the f-?" I stopped myself short when I realized I had no clothes on!

I quickly racked my brain thinking about what happened last night at his parents. The last thing I remember is the car ride home. "Ryan wake up!" I regret yelling it as my head pounded in protest, but that was the worst of my worries.

I slapped him hard on the chest when he didn't budge, pulling the blankets tight around me, causing the blankets to slide off of him. Shit! He's naked too! If he took advantage-

"Don't finish that thought Scarlett. Do you think that low of me?" The look of pure sadness that crossed his face made me feel horrible. "I wouldn't do that to you."

"Sorry. I wasn't thinking. I just panicked is all." I mumbled, feeling like I was two feet tall.

"You were the one who tried coming onto me." Ryan chuckled, the mood lightening instantly.

A blush spread up my face as what he said registered in my mind. "You aren't serious are you?"

"Do I get my morning kiss?" Ryan smirked, avoiding the question. Did I really try and come onto him. I hid myself under the blankets as Ryan's thoughts from last night invaded my mind.

"Don't hide from me. You have nothing to be embarrassed about. You were just doing what you wanted. People always said your true feelings come out when you're drunk." Ryan said as he pulled the blankets away from my face. "I guess you really do want me, just as much as I want you."

"Could you please put some clothes on?" I mumbled, doing my best to keep my eyes waist high. It was a lot harder said then done.

"Hard to resist my sexy body?" Ryan asked, pulling some of the blankets back from me to cover his waist down.

"Very funny. Don't you have to get ready to go to your dads?" I asked, hoping he would get out of the room so I could get in the shower without him seeing me.

"I don't have to be there until noon." Ryan sighed, pulling me back into his side, shutting his eyes.

I laid back down to get more comfortable, "You do realize its 11:30 right?"

I held back a chuckle as his eyes shot open and he looked at the clock. "Fuck!" He yelled, shooting up off the bed and rushing into the bathroom.

So much for getting into the shower. I breathed in deep through my nose and out through my mouth. Bad thing to do on my part. The blanket smelled like clothes you let sit soaking wet in the washer for a week. I hacked up a lung as I flung the blankets off me and made my way into the closet to put on my robe.

First things first. Throw these blankets in the damn washer! How in the hell we managed to sleep in them we will never know! As I balled them up and did my best to pick them up, I got a huge whiff of the stench. I hardly had anytime to think before I dropped the blankets on the floor and barged into the bathroom, not caring that Ryan was still in there. I made it to the toilet seconds before I emptied my stomach.

"Scarlett! Are you alright?" Ryan exclaimed, shutting off the water in the shower and stepping out. "Shit. I can't leave you home alone like this." I heard Ryan mumbled as I felt him pull my hair back for me.

Once I was done, I shook my head no. "You have to go see your dad." I laid my head on the toilet bowl, trying to cool off. My skin felt clammy. All I wanted was to brush my teeth and go back to bed. Shit! There are no fucking blankets on the damn bed!