Chapter 3 Excuses

Robert's POV

As I check the footages one after another on my phone, I can't seem to find her anywhere. So I decided to check her in her room which is two rooms away from the nursery. Although I don't want to intrude in a woman's room and give her false impression especially considering the fact that tried to seduce me earlier in the same morning I was losing my patience. I reach in front of her door and knock once, than twice. I waited for a while. Hearing no response I contemplated on entering and decided to see her and fire my today at all cost. So I slowly turned the door knob and slightly open the door still contemplating on whether to enter or not.

My anger almost exploded at seeing the scene in front of me. My nanny who was suppose to be looking after my precious babies which I paid for was naked and moaning disgustingly above a man on her bed. Blue veins might have already been shown in my forehead. I clench my palm and teeth as I try to calm down. I show the baby monitor among the piles of clothes that was lying on the floor scattered.

God dammit! She might definitely have heard the loud and long babies' wails but decided to carry on with her thing. What kind of a human is she? Even the most evil devils would have been disturbed by my babies' wailing. That's how much of an effect they give people. Sad, anger, fright, pains, all the sorrowful emotions any person could even face in their life time.

Still unaware of a person's presence they continued to do their things. Finally, I can't take it anymore and make my presence known.

'You might want see me in my office' I said in controlled anger. 'Immediately'

I turned around and left them to themselves but not before I confirm that she heard me. I then head back to my office with a headache.

I will pay her, her four days salary and fire her. I don't ever want to see that slut. By the way who is that man who is equally inhuman as to hear and not bother about the babies that were crying sadly? He must be her boyfriend or worst a guest from the party. I might also have to talk to my sister. Although I love and pampered my sister very much she comes only second to my babies.

I waited for that bitch in my office. She finally showed up with a seducing smile.

'God I can't take this anymore. How the hell have I even thought of hiring her?'I thought to myself. Without giving any opportunity to open her mouth and make up all the excuse I know is waiting, I threw the cheque towards her.

'You are fired and I want you out of my house in one hour' I shouted.

With a pitiful and teary face she comes in a little closer slightly leaning on my table showing her cleavage.

'Robert, it's not me. He forced himself on me. I was rapped. I don't know him. Please believe...' she cried.

'Shut up and get lost', I interrupted her.

I could see through all her lies. She still has the backbone to come here and lie to me after all that I have seen. God! How shameless can she get? Then again I would have fallen for her lies if not for the lessons I had learned from my experience with that ex fiancé of mine. I thought I was wise and smart and a good guess of character. Guess I still can't understand women at all. But after I have learned of their scheming I have decided to be weary of them and remain as far away from them as possible. I do need women in my life like my sister, mother, relatives, and my staffs; and I will not deny them. As for my staffs they would have to be always on toes and earn my respect through their works, professionalism and their character especially.

'But...' she continued again.

Ignoring her attempt to gain my sympathy I picked up my phone and dialed my security.

'Come to my office now and guide Miss Katherine out of the house ASAP. Also remember to never let her near the house in future...ever again' I fired my command in clenched teeth and turned to the bitch in front of me.

'I hope you can understand human language and leave the premise on your own two feet civilly. I hope to never see you again.'

'You will regret this'

'Oh, yes I have already regretted ever hiring you'

She stomp her legs and turned around leaving my office.

'God! The gut of that woman after everything', I muttered to myself.

I slowly got up from my chair and decided to solve my sister since I am done with the firing. But before that I have to check again on my precious babies.

Holding the door open to the nursery I am relieved that my babies are still sleeping soundly. My anger dissipates somewhat knowing that they are comfortable and happily sleeping. It's their first time after what happened to them to sleep peaceful. I then walk towards the party to find my sister. I sigh to myself thinking of the scolding I would be hearing for my late work habits and the upcoming party that I would have to be forced upon. But anyway, today I will excuse myself with the nanny and my babies being unattended for the moment.

As I made down the stairs and towards the pool I devise plans to find out about the guy that the slut was all over. If he was any one of my employers I would have to fire him. If not I would have to make sure I never see her again. I also would have to look for the lady who was earlier taking care of my babies. She told me she was going back to the party.

I slowly walked up to the party and looked around for my sister. There she is smiling brightly. Seeing her smile I smiled to myself. It's rare to see her have that honest and happy smile although she has already got out of her depression. She always had this control and fake smile for the benefit of the world and not for herself. The only time she showed her true and innocent smile of her younger days were when she talks of her online friend whom I have yet to meet and when she was with my twins before the kidnapping incident.

At one point I have tried my hardest, we all have, to bring back my honest smiles but stopped after that incident. With my babies problem I became more confuse and agitated to think of anyone seriously other than my babies. My parents were also more focused on their helpless grandchildren now. But with my mom in and out of hospital recently due to her long existed heart problem which has worsened recently, they could not better take care of their daughter and grandchildren like they would have wanted. I was supposed to take care of them in their stead of which I seem to have failed.

'The most capable and ruthless failed billionaire. What a joke?' I thought and sign to myself

I waited for my sister to turn my way. She finally did after I was ready head her way. I waves and called out to her. I waited as she approached me leaving her friends.

'Her online friend must be one of them' I thought.

'Hi brother, you are late'

I sign slowly seeing her angry and disappointed face.

'I am sorry. It can't be help. I had to catch my nanny sleeping with some guy who I have yet to find out. And also put my the little devils to bed'

'Oh!'

'I have an important thing to discuss with you. But that can wait until morning since the babies are unattended now. And you have a party to carry on'

She did not question me further and said ok. She knows me too well to delay further when the task at hand involve my babies.

I quickly kissed her on her cheeks and left without waiting for another seconds.

'I love you. See you in the morning' I heard her shout behind my back. I wave my hand goodbye without turning my back. And quickly walk up to the nursery.

I slowly opened the door and found them still peacefully asleep. I smiled to myself and decided to stay the night there. So I walk to the bed in the left corner of the nursery and laid down after removing dress until left with my boxer only. I closed my eyes and fell asleep while thinking about another hectic say tomorrow.