Chapter 24: Black Trio Reunite

Kirino's POV

"So this is where Q is being kept..." Dazai says as we arrive at the front of an old house.

Suddenly, shining bright lights appear above us. The sound of guns unlocking resonate behind us in the night. Expected.

"Good evening. Our strategist is adept at reading the enemy's actions." a Guild member appears from the forest. Yes, yes we've heard this all before.

"Quite frankly, we have our own genius at the Armed Detective Agency—" I start to say.

"—so of course, this is a trap." Dazai finishes my sentence. I feel like we've been doing that too often as of late.

Nothing happens for a few seconds, the two sides staring down at each other, waiting for one to make the first move.

Suddenly (wow, there's a lot of surprises tonight aren't there?), someone or something shoots from the sky, barreling down to Earth, creating a cloud of dirt. The lights go off and the gunmen begin to shoot at the being, but no yells were heard.

As soon as I see a red glow surrounding the gunmen, I facepalm. Only he would do something as flashy as this. I take a peek at Dazai through my fingers, only to see his face morph into one of disgust, his hands ruffling his hair roughly. Looks like he figured it out too.

The gunmen are pushed to the ground by gravity creating a crater.

So this is the Boss' plan? What better way to start our alliance other than reconnect with our old partner...

The three of us make up the Black Trio, one of the most devastating groups back in the day.

"Let me set one thing straight. Once I'm done taking out this trash, you're next!" the short, orange-haired man stomps towards us, pointing his finger at Dazai, "Oh and once you're gone. I'll be stealing Kirino for myself."

Huh, they're still going at this? I thought we established this whole thing when we last met up...

"I knew it. This is why I wasn't feeling up for it today." Dazai mutters. I pat his back to make him feel better, or else we may really just end up losing.

"This is impossible! I never heard anything about this surprise attack in the strategic forecasts!" the blonde-haired Guild member yells in frustration as he activates his ability. Tree bark shoots out from his open palm and into the ground.

I smirk, their strategist must not have caught wind about our secret meeting. You can't foresee something with unknown information.

I can't help but let out a laugh once I see Dazai walk up from behind the boy and pat his shoulder casually, "Sorry, you don't get to do that."

I really love the look of surprise people get when they first witness Dazai's ability. Guess it's my turn now.

I activate my ability and freeze the boy's feet to the ground to keep him from running away. He looks at his feet in surprise. He's much to reliant on his "forecasts" and can't adapt to situations easily apparently.

"Ugh this seriously sucks." Dazai sighs. He's not even trying at this point!

"That's my line!" Chuuya yells. The blonde-haired boy looks up in surprise once again, only to see Chuuya launching himself from the ground using gravity and giving him a full-force kick. The boy was there one second ago, and now he's skidding through the terrain, breaking multiple trees with his body.

"Those poor trees..." I mutter and put my hands together in prayer for those lost trees. Though, these actions are all for fun and games. Now that he's out of the way... the three of us turn to the Guild's army of gunmen.