°14. Poems And Potions°

When Anne came home after her day at school, she immediately went up to her bedroom.
She wanted to listen further to the tapes. She had heard already seven reasons. Justin, Jessica, Alex, Tyler, Courtney, Marcus and Zach.
Anne wondered when her tape would come. She was anxious, not knowing what she would hear.
What if she did something horrible to her friend without even noticing.

Turning back her attention to the tapes she started listen to it closely.

"Ryan Shaver, welcome to your tape."

⏳⌛

"So you wanna go to this meet-up for poetics?"
Hannah nodded with a smile.
"Are you serious?"
Hannah said yes a little sadly, being afriad her friend would judge her.
"Okay, cool. Let's go together, Han."

"What?"
Hannah was totally taken back by her friend's reaction.
"Well I'm not letting you go alone, Han."
Hannah sighed in relief.
"Okay A, let's do this."

⏳⌛

Anne let a tear slip down her cheek.
Everytime she would listen to one of the tapes, she remembered her own memories with Hannah and how ignorant she was to not see the pain her friend was going through.
Anne still had a few poems left.
She remembered Hannah giving them to her.
It were those little things that she would do to make her an amzing friend. And now she was gone.
Anne pressed play again and the tragic story of Hannah Baker's life continued.

⏳⌛

The two girls were listening to some guy reading out his poem.
Hannah was fascinated by the beauty of it while Anne was bored out of her mind and had no idea what she was doing here. Atleast she got to support her friend so that made it right.

A boy walked in who seemed quite familiar to Anne.
He sat down a row behind them and leaned forward.
The boy started speaking to them.
"Nice to see some friendly faces in here."
Both of the girls turned around and spoke at the exact same time with a questioning tone.
"Friendly?"
When the two of them said it at the right time, they looked at eachother while chuckling.
"Familiar?"
Anne nodded in response.
"Ryan, is it?"
She held out her hand for him to shake it.
He smiled while shaking hands with the girl.
"The one and only."
The rest of the night was spend listening to more poems and Anne feeling like dying inside.
When it was finally over and the girls walked out, arms linked, Anne started speaking.
"I'm sorry Hannah. You know I love you to the moon and back but I don't think I can handle one of these nights again."
Her friend chuckled in response.
"I know, you were falling asleep right there."
Anne shushed her while laughing.
"Nobody saw that, Han. I hope so atleast." she chuckled nervously.

⏳⌛

Ryan's tape was done.
He published Hannah's poem without her consent. And because of that she got even more shit from people like the jocks.
Anne understood why Hannah was upset but Ryan didn't mean it in a harmful way. He just thought her work was wonderful just like Anne did.
Anne also remembered having to comfort Hannah after all the trouble she got by the highschool students.

Anne chuckled soflty to herself, remembering a conversation she had with one of her closest friends after the poem came out.

⏳⌛

"Hey Jeff."
The boy walking towards the girl sitting on the bleachers smiled widly seeing his friend and teammate for the Clannah-project. Or that's what they would like to call it.
"Hey, little redhead."
Anne playfully rolled her eyes at her given nickname.
He sat down next to her, still in his baseball attire.
"So everybody is talking about some poem."
Anne looked up at the boy.
"Like who talks about poems?"
He said with a look of confusion on his face.
Anne chuckled at his expression.
"Well, mister. Apparently, all teenagers do nowadays. Except for you, you dork."
She lightly nudged his side.
He pretended to be offened but his expression turned into a look of mischief.
He ruffled Anne's hair so it was all messed up.
Her hands went up to her hair and she yelled out while laughing.
"Jeff, no, not the hair!!"
The two teenagers laughed and he took of his baseball cap.
He placed it on the top of Anne's head.
"No worries, princess. Now no one will see a thing."
Anne spoke up in a sarcastic tone.

"Wow, Jeff. Thanks alot. What on earth would I do without you?"

Anne never expected to find out the awnser to that question. And she defenitely did not expect to find out so soon.

Sorry kinda shitty chapter.
I hope the next one is better.