Chapter Two

Kendall’s POV:

     My grip on the pen I was holding tightened as I swallowed inaudibly. When I didn’t reply to him, Harry spoke again. “Kenz?” he asked, and I cringed as he used that childhood nickname. “Please tell me that’s you.”

     “Yes, it’s me,” I snapped, finally breaking out of my trance.

     The boy with jet black hair and olive skin was the one who spoke next. I think his name was Zayn. “Harry, you know her?”

     Harry’s eyes finally left mine for the first time in five minutes as he looked over at his friends. “Oh, erm, yeah. We, erm, were best friends. And, uh, dated for a while,” Harry explained, tripping over almost every word.

     Before any of them could say anything, I turned around on my heel and quickly walked over to the kitchen area where the chefs made all of the brownies and what-not. I opened the door and quickly went inside. Since it’s only Starbucks, there weren’t a lot of chefs, so it was all good. I stood over on the side as I ran a hand through my hair, remembering what just happened.

     Harry. He was here. He saw me. He remembers me. I thought that he would have forgotten about me by now. I mean, it has been two years, and with everything going on in his life, wouldn’t he have forgotten about me? He even remembers that cute nickname he had given me from when we were four. I couldn’t help but smile at that. No, Kendall. You hate him. You hate Harry. He broke your heart, and he cannot be trusted. But there is something inside of me that is making my past feelings for Harry come back. Actually, to be completely honest, my feelings for Harry never really left. I had just kept them buried inside for the past two years.

     Suddenly, the kitchen door swung open and in walked Harry Styles himself. “What are you doing here?” I hissed. “Only employees are belonged in here!”

     “Look, I know you’re mad for what I did two years ago,” he said, ignoring what I just said. He was about to continue when I cut him off.

     “Now’s not the time or place to discuss this, Harry,” I glared at him.

     “I know what I did was terrible,” he started again, ignoring me once more. I was about to cut him off again, but he gave me a look and said, “Don’t even think about cutting me off.” I knew he wasn’t being all too serious, but I decided to shut my mouth anyway. “But you’re my best friend, Kendall. Or, used to be I guess. You have known me since we were both so little, and I regretted doing that to you and hurting you like that,” he said, and he looked really sincere. “I’ll do anything to make it up to you. I’ll even tell Emmalie to-”

     “Whoa, wait,” I stopped him. “Emmalie?”

     Harry scratched the back of his head uncomfortably. “Oh, erm, yeah. We’re um, dating.”

     I could actually feel my heart sink a little. Of course those two were dating, why wouldn’t they be? Forcing a smile, I just nodded. “I know you’re sorry Harry, but apologizing won’t get you anywhere. You literally showed me that I can’t really trust you, and as much as I want to, I can’t,” I said. “Now get out of here!” I said, pushing him out of the door. Some of the chefs were giving us looks, and I was trying to ignore them. Damn you, Harry, for creating a scene!