17

We woke up before the sun the next morning, I woke first, Micha not long after. We Went outside to find all three dragons sleeping out in front of the cave. 

"Do your best to keep them nearby. I don't know when i'll be back." I said in a whisper.

"I'm not coming with you?" Micha said.

"One of us has to stay to keep an eye on them." I said in a firm voice.

She just nodded her head in acceptance, smiled, and hugged me tight for a few seconds. I went to collect my bow, arrows, and a small dagger. I set off just as the sun started to appear over the trees. The low lying fog softened the harsh light, which was certainly my saving grace. I wandered through the forest. As the fog cleared as the day went on, the suns heat started to take its tole, as my throat started to get dry. I hoped I would find some water once I reached the village, though with the way our world worked, I could be hung for asking.

I continued all through the day, until I finally saw village lights through the trees in the distance. Something I hadn't seen in a long, long time. I approached the village, as the sun started to dip down behind the trees I had spent the day walking through. I casually walked down the streets, trying not to look suspicious. I felt very uncomfortable being around that amount of people, considering that for the last several months the only person I had seen was Micha. I looked all around for chains to take, until I came across a small shop. I thought perhaps I could find something there. I walked in, and was almost immediately met with the gaze of the attendant. I looked around, until I noticed several sets of chains hanging on the wall. 

"Are you willing to trade?" I said as I approached the small desk at the front of the shop.

The attendant looked me over.

"What do you got?" He said in a raspy voice.

I dug into the sack I had brought with me, hoping I had something that would be worth it. I pulled out my dagger and held it out to the attendant.

"Ha! You think a puny dagger will cover it?" He said.

"I got nothing else." I said.

He grew a disturbing grin on his face, as he came around the counter and put his hand on my cheek.

"Oh I think you got something that can get you a lot more than chains." He said as he started to kiss me on my face.

I pushed him back, but her persisted. So I pulled my knife and plunged it into his leg, sending him to the ground.

I knelt down and put the knife to his throat.

"Scream and i'll spill your insides." I said viciously.

I grabbed the chains from the wall, as well as a much larger sack and a two wheel cart to transport the chains back to the cave. I left the shop in a hurry, and started down the street, out of the village, and back through the forest. How I would have carried the chains back without the cart I took,  do not know. 

It seems like luck has constantly been on my side, I just prayed that would never change.