Chapter Twenty

It has been a few weeks since school let out.

The last few days of school were actually surprisingly pleasant.

I have no idea what Kenneth did, or lack of, I really don't care.

I am just glad that he did the right thing.

I don't feel bad about what I told him, I guess I just feel bad about how it was done in.

He needed to know those things.

Recently I had really been thinking about going on a road trip, by myself.

I had plenty of money do so, and I had my license now.

I haven't had it for that long so I would probably get in a load of trouble.

But you only live once right.

Now I just have to ask my dad.

When I walked down stairs nobody was around.

But maybe my dad was in his office, he tended to be in there around this time.

I walked in there, and there he was.

"Hey, Azalea." He said.

He sounded happy to see me.

I usually just stayed in my room so him and I didn't really get to talk very often.

"Dad, hi. I was wondering something." I told him.

He stayed silent, so I continued.

Okay..so summer started, and I have my license now so I was wondering if I could take a trip, by myself."

"No." He said.

Okay I had to know he was gonna say no.

"What if I was to just be gone for a day or two."

"No."

"What if I was to take Seana along with me."

"Hmm, well I am still gonna say no. If Tyler, Jesse, and Derek went then possibly. But still no."

"Why won't you let me?" I asked

"Well you are what? 16. You look just like your mom did when she was young, so very beautiful and well guys are wanting one thing, and I just don't want you to get hurt, sorry honey."

This made no sense.

He was okay with Dylan.

And he was like 22.

I swear his logic makes no sense.

"But you allow me to be around Dylan..alone." I told him.

He looked at me confused.

"You haven't talked to Dylan for a while now. And Tyler or someone is always around. And I would trust him around you. I know him. He is a really good guy. That Kenneth guy was too." He said

"Okay, well I am gonna go back to my room. Have fun working and such."

I ended up meeting Seana for lunch.

I was really unset that my dad said no, I understood why.

But I just really wanted a break from my life at the moment.

"Why are you so down?" Seana asked.

"Well like I am just so stressed lately and I just really wanna get away. Go somewhere that nobody knows my name." I told her

"Yeah I am pretty sure you would have to go underwater for that. Everybody thinks you are Dylan's girlfriend or Tyler's sister or to those older people, John Posey's illegitimate daughter."