THE SAKE GLASS

I pulled out a small clay sake glass, twisting it over and over in my hands as I looked at it.

"Ah! So I get little mystery, huh?" Said a tall brunette man in a pink kimono as he stood up, raking a hand through his long hair with a grin. He walked over to me with a warm smile and held out a hand, which I regarded warily and with a small blush. "Shall we?"

I looked at Rangiku for help and she just giggled madly and nodded for me to go. So, with a heavy blush, I slipped my small hand into his larger one and let him pull me towards a closet. The closer we got the more nervous I became, unsure of why we were going there. As soon as we stepped through the door slammed shut, scaring me and making me jump.

"O-Oh. Here's your glass... Um.... What was your name again?" I asked nervously, holding the cup out to him. He pushed my hand back with a smile and took another glass from his sleeve, along with a bottle of a clearish red liquid.

"I'm Shunsui. Would you like a drink?" He asked, sitting cross legged in the floor.

"I-I don't d-drink......" I said, stuttering a bit as I sat across from him, my knees to my chest and my arms around my knees as the sake glass hung lazily from my fingertips.

"Relax." He chuckled, taking the cup from my hand gently and filling it before holding it back out to me. "It's strawberry soda."

I relaxed a bit and took the cup, muttering a quiet 'thank you' before sipping it.

"So what is your name?" He asked curiously. "Everyone else seems to know it but me. Then again I've been asleep for most of this party." He gave a crooked grin.

Despite myself, I smiled at him, pushing some stray bangs from my face and tucking them behind my ear.

"I'm Claire...."

"Well Claire, I've gotta say you are the most mysterious girl I've ever met." He said, leaning back against the wall with a grin. "Coming in hiding behind your baggy hoody and glasses, not saying a word to anyone other than a select few."

"I'm hardly a mystery." I whispered, looking down into my glass. He chuckled softly.

"Then why not let me see what's behind the glare on those glasses?" He asked.

"I..... I don't know...." I mumbled unsurely.

"Oh come on! Please!" He begged, startling me a bit.

"O-Okay..." I whispered, blushing. He lifted his hand to my face and I closed my eyes as he removed my glasses. When they were off I let my eyes flutter open. He was silent and I couldn't see his expression.

"S-Shuns-" I was cut off by his lips on mine. It was brief, only a second, before he pulled away. I felt his hands on either side of my burning face.

"Your eyes are beautiful Claire." He whispered, putting his forehead to mine.

"T-Thank y-you...." I stuttered. He replaced my glasses and I saw his wide grin.

"You're beautiful Claire, let me show you how beautiful you are."

"O-Okay...."

He pushed his lips back onto mine and left them there. His lips moved against mine and soon I kissed him back. He smiled into the kiss and put one hand to the back of my head and the other on the small of my back, pulling me onto his lap. The sudden movement made me gasp and he took the opportunity to shove his tongue into my mouth.

I blushed hard when a moan left my lips as Shunsui slid his hands under my hoody and tanktop, tracing circles on my stomach.

"Time up!"

The door flew open and I froze, but Shunsui didn't even flinch.

"Sh-Shunsui....." I stuttered, pushing his hands gently out of my shirt.

"Hm?" He pulled away and blinked, looking at the people staring at us as if he just noticed the open door.

Then again, he probably did....

"Oh, hey." He said innocently, grinning at them as I buried my burning face in my palms. "Didn't see you guys there."

"Of course you didn't!" Rangiku laughed. "Did you get her drunk Shunsui-taicho?"

"No I did not!" He said, sounding offended. "I just happen to have enough charm and good looks to make little Miss mystery fall for me!" He wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me closer as if to prove his point. I blushed harder and put my forehead to his chest, as though my hands weren't enough to hide it.

"I told you I'm no mystery...." I mumbled quietly. He just laughed and kissed the top of my head.