chapter 24.

"That nigga could be gay for all we know!" I rolled my eyes as I pressed the phone against my ear.

"Dell, Dalvin is not gay."

"There is such thing as the closet, you know."

"Dell."

"I'm just sayin', he look like he eat pussy with his ass in the air," he said, earning a cackle from both Maya and I.

"You're so horrible," I said through laughter.

"Y'all think it's funny, I'm being serious. You can't tell me that man doesn't know how to arch his back like a pro," he said, making Maya giggle.

"Arch his back like his eyebrows?" That one sent all three of us over the edge, gasping for air all at Dalvin's expense.

"That's messed up! Ain't you just see him like two hours ago?" I asked. Believe it or not, while I was busy fooling around with Dalvin, my little sister was busy making connections with folks. That's probably why Cordell thought there was something going on with DeVanté and Maya-she'd been keeping in heavy contact with the man since they first met. She's really trying to get that music career of hers to start, and what better way to start it than to hang around one of the biggest producers in the game?

"Yeah, but I'd say that to his face," she said before clearing her throat, "But in all seriousness, I do think you should tell him about the proposal. I mean, it's really the only logical thing to do..."

"I agree," Cordell chimed in, "As much I don't like him, you can't be keepin' secrets like that. This is huge, B. You're gettin' engaged now-there can't be no more side-relationships, kinda-relationships, we're-thinkin'-about-it-relationships-none of that. You gotta cut him loose if you're gonna say yes."

"Exactly what he said. To be honest, I think it's already kinda messed up that it took you this long to even consider tellin' him. Bianca...it's been a whole month. And you slept with another man! If you guys would stop playin' and be serious about each other? That would be cheating. And in a way, it kinda is."

"It is not cheating, Maya! It can't be cheating because we aren't actually a thing. And I'm not engaged just yet. I'm still thinkin' about it, I haven't made my decision."

"Girl, if you don't accept that man's proposal and move on with your life...look, DeShawn said he's changing, right? You said you could see the difference in him, the way he cares for you, the way he talks to you, the way y'all make love-"

"Ewww," Maya gagged.

"Shut up, Maya, you don't know nothin' 'bout that. Anyways, the way y'all do what'cha do, everything. Y'all clearly got something good goin' on, so why leave it for some dude that you're having issues with?"

"We're not having issues, Dell. Yeah, we get into it sometimes but that's not like, the defining trait of our relationship. DeShawn and I used to get into it on a daily basis," I said, defending my relationship with Dalvin.

"Bianca, you hardly the trust the man-that is an issue," he replied, "You know there's a possibility he's still seeing another woman, all the signs are pointing towards it! Don't be out here lookin' like Boo Boo the Fool, B. Maya, back me up on this."

"Well..." she started, "I actually think you should give Dalvin a chance."

"Do what now?"