Chapter 5: The Nightmarish Dream

Hi!  So... here's Chapter 5!  Is Ash going to be okay?  Will he see Serena?  Time to find out!  Enjoy :)

Ash

Where... where am I?  Ash thought, looking around.  He was stuck in a black void, he couldn't see anything, anyone.  He called out.  

"Hello!  Is anyone there?" he called, hoping someone would answer him.

No one did.

Ash sighed, until one by one images started showing up in front of him.  At first, they were blurry, but quickly, he realized what they were.

His friends.  His Pokemon.

All Ash could do was stare, stare at the images.  At first, they all looked cheerful, happy, laughing about something.  But there was one other things that all the images shared-

Everyone had their eyes closed.

Ash gulped with dread as one by one, all the eyes opened.

When they did, they gasped at him, then looked away in disgust.  Ash wished that they would all just reject him already, tears were already coming to his eyes.  Would everyone really think about him this way?

As everyone turned away, their pictures faded to black, and slowly disappeared.  As they did he felt pain resonate through his entire being, pain of all the friends he had lost.

Or that he was about to lose.

This continued until there was one person left.

Serena.

But, unlike the others, she didn't turn away from him.  She gasped, and she came closer to him, smiling compassionately.  He felt the pain slowly go away as she neared.

"Ash..." she whispered into his ear.  "You will never be forgotten.  I will always-" she looked behind him, her face changing.  

"FIRE!" she screamed, again and again.  "FIRE, FIRE-"

"FIRE!  FIRE!  FIRE!  Bonnie, go get water!"  Ash woke to the sound of Serena screaming.  He felt himself rested on a soft, squishy surface, and when he looked, he realized that it was his sleeping bag.

How?  Ash thought, still a little drowsy.  I thought I was in the forest-

Then he realized- Serena must have brought him back.  He smiled, blushing a little.  Thanks, Serena, he internally thanked her.

He tried to stand up, his legs wobbling a little, but overall succeeding.  What time is it? Ash thought, looking outside of the- tent!?  

I thought we were in the Pokemon Centre!  Ash thought, thoroughly confused now.  Then he concluded that they had relocated in the night.  He gave himself a mental shake.  Come on, Ash, get yourself together.

When he actually looked outside, he saw that the sun was high in the sky, probably around noon, or in other words, lunch time.  Ash's stomach growled at the thought.

"Clemont, I thought you knew how to cook!" was heard from Bonnie, which brought an exasperated sigh from her brother.

"Bonnie, mistakes are always possible.  In fact, in this specific activity, there was a..." Clemont droned on and on about science, all the boring stuff that his sister didn't want to hear about.

Science is so amazing, Ash thought admiringly.  

Suddenly, he felt the ground resonate as footsteps were heard coming closer to the tent, and he looked up to see one of his favourite people enter the tent.

Serena!

She looked around for him, and looked relieved when she spotted him waving his arms at her.  "There you are!" she said happily.  "I'm glad you're awake," she said with her usual kindness, crouching down to be at his level.

"Thanks," Ash said, rubbing his nose awkwardly.  He gestured to her sleeping bag, which he just noticed was lying beside him.  "Why's that here?" he asked.

Serena turned towards it.  "Oh... uh... well, Clemont wanted to sleep with Bonnie, you know, that whole brother sister thing... after you got shrunk, you know?" she looked like she was blushing a little, playing with the hem of her dress.  "So, I, uh... am going to sleep with you.  If that's alright," she mumbled.

Ash smiled.  "Of course it's alright, Serena!  You sleeping here will make me feel safer."  He noticed her blush a little when he said that.  He suddenly remembered something with a jolt.  "Pikachu!" he shouted, startling Serena a bit.  "Talonflame, Espeon-"

"All safe, no need to worry," Serena told him.  "I brought them back here last night.  They're sleeping right now, and I'll tell them you're awake."  She gave that smile again, the smile that made Ash feel giddy.  "After lunch, I'm sure they'll want to see you."

Ash nodded.  "Espeon came back with you?" he asked, surprised. 

Serena nodded again.  Ash saw the way the ribbon that he'd given her moved up and down when she did.  "Yeah, I guess she didn't feel safe in the wild."

Yeah, not with that creepy Umbreon, Ash thought (Sorry to all the Umbreon lovers!  Don't worry, he gets better.  I promise).  He turned back to Serena, who was standing up again, leaving the tent.  "Where are you going!?" Ash asked, starting to follow her.

She looked back.  "You stay here," she said.  "I'm just going to get lunch, and I'll make you a plate too.  I want to hear about what happened last night as soon as I come!" she said cheerfully, waving a bit to Ash.  He smiled at her and his stomach growled, waiting for his lunch.

That's it!  I had a little time on my hands, so I decided to do a quick update.  Hope you enjoyed this!  What do you think will happen next?

Just wanted to give a special thank you to the people that went and read my other story, I really appreciate it!

Now for our Pokemon Question of the Day: If you were to enter the Pokemon world, which Pokemon would you choose to be your partner?  It does not have to be a starter Pokemon.

Sylveon would be with me till the end!

Well, bye for now!  Hope you enjoyed!  Have an awesome day/night!

Stay tuned ;)