Chapter 17: A Little Minor Setback

_____________

The new partner setup test for Genista and Chlorophytum begins. Y/n arrive at the Monitoring Room just in time. Y/n moved beside Hachi and Nana to see both Chlorophytum and Genista's synchronization status.

"Chlorophytum, Genista start synchronization" Hachi said as they all looked on.

"Right!" Futoshi said in the Coms.

"Alright" Kokoro said in the Coms.

As they started to sync the synchronization bars started to move up. Y/n looked at the bars and saw Chlorophytum's stats were good to go. Y/n looked at Genista's bar and saw it was not as good as Chlorophytum's but still manageable.

Hachi looked at the status of both the Franxx and saw it was alright. Though Hachi thought it was alright Y/n had a bit of worry in the back of his mind.

"Why won't you just open up to your new partner?" Y/n thought worriedly.

"Genista, Chlorophytum try moving around" Nana said carefully paying attention to both Franxx.

"Yes ma'am!" All four of the pilots said in unison.

_____________

Inside Chlorophytum.

"Let's do this Ikuno!" Futoshi said full of energy. Also looking a bit excited.

Ikuno looked back and saw this. A little smile creeped up on her face.

"Right" Ikuno replied.

Chlorophytum looked at the hangar doors and saw it opened up revealing the sparring area for the Franxx.

Chlorophytum exited the hangar with ease and no visible difficulties. Chlorophytum then moved her arms around.

"Everything seems good Commander" Futoshi said in the Coms.

"214,196 try out the weapons systems" Nana ordered.

Chlorophytum looked at her hands and it turned into those gun-like weapons.

"Woah! This looks awesome! Ikuno look at this!" Futoshi said amazed to see Chlorophytum's weapons first at hand.

Ikuno heard this and smiled seeing her new partner actually appreciate piloting with her and is having fun with her.

"There's one more" Ikuno said as Chlorophytum moved her arms on the side.

Chlorophytum's 'wings' then flipped over and turned to those mini-charge cannons. The charge cannons flipped back in place.

"Heck yeah!" Futoshi shouted very much amazed on how cool Chlorophytum actually was.

Then Chlorophytum started doing some 'Victory dances'.

In the monitoring room everyone had amazed looks on how easily Futoshi and Ikuno synced up.

"I new you guys could do it!" Y/n shouted inside the room loud enough that it reached the mic letting Ikuno and Futoshi hear his shout.