[13] By my side

"Why would I do that?"

I looked at Justin Hazard before me with so much anger building in me. He had zero rights to keep me here when I don't want to be here.

"Why would you want me to take - actually no... Why would you even think I would take you back there? Do I perhaps look dysfunctional to you?" There he was, all stood in front of me looking all possessive and bossy.

Before I could do anything about it, a tear escaped my eye as I thought of my friends. As I thought of all the beauteous moments I've shared with Leah and Kate and again as I thought of all the horrible things that Ben could possibly do to them. They are basically my family and now their lives are in danger because of me. I would never be able to forgive myself if something happened to them.

"Is there something you're perhaps not telling me?" He asked, eyes narrowing and his features showing that he demanded to know everything. The way his face looked intimidated me. It was like he was studying everything in me...digging out all my woes and leaving me nothing but exposed to him.

It scared me...

I managed to compose myself, willing myself to stop acting crazy. All three of them must probably be thinking that I'm some kind of crazy girl.

"I... Ben threatened the lives of my best friends if I dare told anyone about him abusing me. And now that I'm here..."

"He fucking did that?" The boy who had been introduced to me as Levi spoke.

I nodded, all energy leaving my body so I sat on the bed. I could feel a headache coming soon.

"We'll end him before he can even begin to touch Leah or Kate." I looked up at Justin in shock.

"How do you even know my-"

"Don't even ask cakes." Justin cut me off, I sighed and nodded.

"I'm sacred. Their lives are automatically put in danger because of me. God knows what Ben must be thinking right now, he must be going out of his mind." I cooed sadly. I would never forgive myself, hell I might just even die if anything happened to Kate or Leah.

"I'll do something to make sure that your friends are safe okay? Just don't worry about anything now and focus on getting better. They will be needing you more alive than you actually are right now so don't even argue with me cakes."

"I can't help but feel worried." I replied in a soft voice.

"Of course you will be worried, you are a victim of abuse cakes and I swear just thinking about it makes my blood fucking boil. I want you to always remember that we are in this together. I am with you now, standing beside you and never leaving your side so don't even doubt that I can protect you even though you don't want me around."

"But why are you doing all of this? Why did you even save me?" I ask him.

Justin looks at me before taking my hand in his. "To be honest, I don't know. It is all instinct, I'm yet to find out."

All I could do was nod and trust him.

"Get some rest now cakes. I'll check up on you later and I'll be bringing a doctor with me just to check you up."

All I could do was nod and do as he said. So I slowly laid on the bed, paying careful attention to which part of my body was throbbing the most which was my left side and my head.

Justin helped to tuck me in. Once he was done, I watched him leave the room, glancing back at me before officially exiting the room.

Willing myself not to think too much of things happening right now, I forced my brain to remain calm and fall asleep.

***

"I think she might have broken a rib from the fall. Her breathing is also very rapid which can't be good. Mr Hazard, she needs special medical care right now because she won't get better anytime soon. Anything can happen plus she's also showing signs of a concussion."

I looked at the doctor as I carefully listened to what he was saying concerning my state of health. I woke up around three hours ago but Justin wasn't back yet but I didn't even get up from the bed.

He then came back with Dr Bauer.

I saw Justin's fists clench as he took in what doctor Bauer said.

"I think she needs to go to the hos-"

"No fucking way."

Justin's opposition to doctor Bauer's suggestion seemed so harsh... And I understood because Ben would easily find me if I went to a hospital.

"Mr Hazard, the lady here as I said has a broken rib, signs of a concussion amongst a whole other things. If her health means so much to you then I suggest she goes to the hospital because she's hurt badly." The doctor spoke as he packed up his equipment in his bag, getting up from the chair.

"I pay you Jack. I pay you to do your job and if I was okay with taking her to the hospital, do you think I would've even needed the service of a private doctor? Use your fucking brain. If you can't do what I'm asking you which is getting her better without the use of a hospital then I guess you aren't the right person for this. And you might as well just get out of my house and make sure to always look over your shoulder all the fucking time."

Doctor Bauer stayed quiet for a short while, Justin's tone of voice was really intimidating and could easily scare someone off. Did he really just threaten him?

"O-okay I'll do what I can. I'll be here tomorrow morning." Doctor Bauer said before scurrying out of the room.

I shot Justin a glare just as the doctor was out of view.

"What now cakes?" He asked, looking clueless.

"You were rude to the guy Justin. He was just giving some doctor advice, there was no reason for you to behave so obscene. "

"I just hated that he had to mention taking you to the hospital because that means having to take you out of my sight."

The way his eyes looked at me made me feel not so alone. They made me feel like the worst is coming to an end...like I shouldn't worry and everything will be okay.

"But then I'm not really feeling any kind of pain in my head. Just that my left side is sore...I really hope that the doctor can just give me something so I can feel better." I sighed sadly and Justin noticed this.

"I'm so sorry that you had to go through what you went through cakes. I swear if I could switch places with you." He said, his tone not too loud nor too soft.

I almost scoffed. Just a while ago, I remember him telling me that he didn't care about me. And now wants to switch places with me.

Something didn't quiet add up, how the heck was Justin Hazard now being a good guy? He's know for breaking laws, getting arrested now and then, street fighting and all that gangster lifestyle.

Why does he want to nurse a random girl who was abused by her uncle?

This is the same guy that didn't even talk to anyone in school and made sure that no one ever dared to glance at him for longer than 5 seconds. So why was he doing this, why was he being friendly to me?

"Uhh...thanks?" I wasn't really sure what to say. All these unanswered questions in my head are just plain messing with me.

I saw Justin suddenly look at me with concerned eyes... "What's wrong cakes? Are you okay?"

Gathering up all the strength I had buried in me, I decided to talk... "Yeah, I just...hope I'll be fine. I'm thinking about Ben a lot, I think I'm scared."

I didn't miss the flash of anger that crossed his eyes at the mention of Ben's name. A sign of danger. Of distress. His fists clenched and he continued to look at nothing, being in deep thought.

I was about to say something to Justin, to make him snap out of his current emotions when the door swung open and hit against the wall with a loud thud.

**********