Chapter 2-I have a plan

Her plan was stupid. In other words, a suicide mission.

She made my way towards my father's throne room. It was not exactly a room if you were to describe it as it is. Is more of a shaded portion of the front of the main room? All other huts circled about this hut. It was the palace. It had to be big. Every member of the royal family has their own hut.

Well, if you consider the fact that only Dakarai (Pronounced dah-KAHR-eye), her eldest brother still lives here this place is quit empty. By that, I exclude the house cleaners, slaves, and guards. They were many.

Her father was not sitting on his throne. He should be in his room. She enjoyed some benefits being the first and only daughter of the king, access to anywhere and everywhere. Awesome right?

Finally at his hut. She clapped her hands to tell him she was there.

Luckily, she did not have to wait too long. He stood at the doors rim. She am okay with his posture.

"Father, I have a plan"

The look on her father's face is puzzled. It almost seemed like he did not know how to react. He in actual truth did not know how to react. With that, she continued her dialog.

"I can be the spy"

He gasped. His beloved one and only daughter just accepted death before him.

"All I need is a little training to improve my accent after all we speak similar languages there's little difference. My fighting skills are good."

He had no reply.

...

"Grandma, What if I tell you I want to die right now?" Trent asked.

"Then I would beat that evil spirit out of you. This is Africa."

He shut up his mouth.

Reminds me of the time when he was eight and he tried stealing meat from grandma's pot of soup.

She truly beat that spirit out.

"Enough with the interruptions. I have a book to finish."

...

"You cannot"

His tone was stiff and affirmative.

"Father I am not a child. I thought thoroughly about it before coming here."

She knew it would take some time for her father to agree but the silence was not what she was hoping.

The silence is killing, literally.

Sigh; there was a sigh.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I get a chance to fight for my people and prove myself..."

He interrupted her; he never did that only if he is angry with her.

"Think, who do you want to prove yourself to?"

True. To whom do I want to prove herself?

Myself. She thought.

There, she realized that this was not just to save her people but also to save herself. She really wanted to do something that will make sense forever to the hearts of those whom she would save.

...

"Have been in a situation like this before" Granny asked.

"Maybe, When I practised my speech over and over. People thought I did so because I did not want my school to lose to Westford high. "

"Good"

"Why good?"

"I just want you to learn"

"Whatever, continue."

<A/n: you would understand better by and by. Wait until the next book>

...

"I would be truthful, not only do I want this for our people but for myself. I do not know but something is telling me that I should go" his silence eggs her to continue "I just... I do not know but I know"

"What would you do about your tribal marking?"

Her smile is obvious. This one was easy.

"My hair. Luckily, mine is high on the nape of my neck"

Directly underneath her hairline. Put there to draw attention to her hair, which was believed to hold her glory. The worst punishment you could give a woman would be to cut her hair.

"Your wish is my command"

YES

Dakarai was going to train her. Of course, she already knows how to combat. She had elder brothers. She needed extra to battle with Fulna. Only trusted people were supposed to know of the mission. Word did spread around that area fast. They could not take chances.

It was then Adaora realized that she was offering her life οn a platter. She really did hope the voice in her head was not wrong.

Throughout her early childhood, most of her gut feelings were correct. That should be the reason why her father let her on this trip, another reason should be her excellent persuasion skills; my eyes according to her father changes people's minds. He has told her that it was a gift though she believed it worked on him for the fact that she looked almost identical to her dead mother.

Back to my training with Dakarai, there was not much for Adaora to learn. She had learnt most of these attacks and defences before. The only thing she needed done was to perfect her Fulna accent.

It was funny how similar their languages were, a foreigner could mistake one for the other. That is why she constantly why Fulna and Ankra are sworn enemies. Most people her age do not know why. They were just thought to hate their neighbours from childhood to avoid the path the path that leads to Fulna. It did not make sense, at least that what Adaora thought.

The plan was that she would pretend to be a run-away slave. My new name would be Aida. At their boundary, she would pretend to be lost and would accept to work for them in exchange for shelter and food.

Adaora had never been lazy. She do not need to worry about doing chores or cooking, the good thing is that she am used to helping around the palace. Her favourite place was the kitchen. She usually cooked what she caught in my traps for her friends and herself.

Her tribal mark might prove a little difficult but she thanked the gods for her hair. Luckily, the mark was high up the back of her neck and so close to her hair it would not be hard to hide that although she had to be very careful. She was always careful no need to worry.

Her adventure was due to begin in the next few days. Her duty was to take note of the activities of the Fulna and report it to her father by shooting an arrow with inscriptions of their plans and strategies.

Not hard, right?

She sure did hope it is not hard.

A/N:

Thanks for giving my book a chance. Adaora in Igbo (Nigerian), meaning daughter of the people or community .

Aida:

Origin/Usage-Arabic

Pronunciation- ah-EE-də

Meaning-One who returns

Lol.😁😃

There would be moments were I would just have to write in the first person.

For every one who is confused i am doing a little editting. Her new name would be Aida which has been defined above.