4. Negotiating for the Right Reasons

Tsuna's POV

I wasn't upset, just annoyed. I didn't like people knowing anything about me other than what I let them think they knew.

“Fine, go home. But do you want us to give you a ride?” Hikaru asks.

“How do you know I don't already have a ride?” I stare.

“We don't.”

I look at the twins suspiciously. “Okay. Give me a ride, then.”

“Okay, great! But... We'll need you to wait a bit. We have to work at the host club first.”

“What's the point of getting a ride from you two if it means getting home late?!”

“You'll get to ride home in the comfort of our limousine!”

“I've ridden my fair share of limos. They're overrated.”

“You'll get to know us more.”

“From what I know of you so far, I don't want to.”

“We can bring Haruhi along so you can get to know him?”

This time Haruhi objects, “I don't want to get involved.”

“Then... We can buy you a meal?”

I cross my arms, “Three.”

“Wh–what?!”

“Three meals or I won't go.”

We stare at each other for almost a minute until Hikaru relents. “Fine! Fine, we'll buy you three meals.”

“We will?” Kaoru asks.

“Yeah. We will. Now let's go to the clubroom already!”

• • •

Hikaru, Kaoru, and Haruhi entertain their guests. Meanwhile, I wait awkwardly on a loveseat for them to finish. Suddenly, a yellow dress is thrown on my head.

I toss it off of me, “What the hell?”

“You can borrow it for now. You stick out like a sore thumb with what you're wearing now.” One of the twins says from behind me.

Excuse you. I told you I already own the uniform.”

“But are you currently wearing it?”

“Touché.”

I grab the dress and head for the change rooms. Once I've changed into it and thrown out my old clothes, I return to my love seat.

Then, all of a sudden — despite how bizarre this may sound — I was suffocating. Like a stampede of wild animals, I was surrounded by a mob of male students. They bombarded me with questions and in the corner of my eye, I could see the twins clutching their stomachs, laughing at my misery.

That's when I realised that this was their plan. They tricked me to stay afterschool in their clubroom and to change into the uniform. Then, they unleashed a pack of wild boys unto me. I couldn't believe I fell for it. Though, they didn't account for my skills.

I moved swiftly between the bodies surrounding me and ran towards the twins.

“You tricked me!” I shouted.