Chapter 3B: Yo

Here is part 2 of Chapter 3 Enjoy 😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-"Your situation of you running away," he says, looking intently into my eyes. "And the contents of your duffle bag?"-

My anxiety spikes after hearing his words. Panic starts to flood through me again. Can I really trust him? He went through my duffle bag? He came up with that explanation? Well, it wasn't that far from the truth but still.                             

"Now don't worry Nong, we didn't steal anything. We were just checking for your identification card and seeing if there was anything that could tell us who you were. We found out that you are a high school student, but we didn't expect to find what we did. Enough of that. EAT!" He commands me as he points to my food. All my previous thoughts slips away as my hunger takes over. I take a bite of the food. OH MY GOD! What is this? It's so freaking amazing "P' this is sooo delicious! Where did you get it?" I look at him eagerly waiting for a response.

"Haha, you flatter me. Thank you N'Yo. I made this myself actually. I have never seen someone look that enthusiastic while eating my food. It's very cute." Wow! I did not expect that. If P' doesn't become a doctor he definitely has a future in culinary arts.

I hungrily devour the food. Taking quick stops to gulp down some water. I found that I was awfully thirsty as well. After I finish the food, I look at Kit who is staring at me the entire time, with a concerned look on his face.

"Umm... so about my bag? What do you want to know P'Kit? And please this time one question at a time." He laughs at that, and I feel the atmosphere lighten up.

"Why don't we start with why you are running away?"

I feel a slight pain in my chest, but I guess I do owe him an explanation. He did save me last night and took very good care of me till now. "Well, the thing is P'," I feel my eyes start to tear up. "I didn't run away, I was kicked out. My mom decided to remarry and she doesn't want her new fiancé to know about any of her past mistakes." I feel tears dripping down my cheeks. I wipe them away.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry N'Yo. I saw what was in your bag and just assumed. Were you close to your mae?"

"No, I'd be lying if I said I was. She was hardly ever home, and most of the time it was just to sleep. She was always distant with me. I think it's because she regretted having me, she was very young when she had me. She wasn't ready for the responsibility, so she ran back home to her parents. I was raised by them, not her. My grandpa died when I was too young to remember him, but I was very close to my grandmother. She passed away last year from cancer." I heave out a loud sigh. "Lately my mae has been working less and coming around the house more often. We even had a few decent conversations. It's funny, I thought she was starting to clean up her act for me. But I was wrong. She didn't do it for me, she did it for him. I didn't even meet him, she wanted me out before he came over. All my belongings were already thrown out when I got home. I guess I wasn't enough to risk her new life with him."

Before I can go on to explain about how I got my stuff back. Kit comes from the other side of the counter and pulls me into a hug. The tears started to flow stronger now. "I ... don't understand what I did wrong. Why didn't she ... why... I just wanted her to-," I cry out, trying to form sentences. "Why didn't she want me in her life? I was leaving in a few months anyways."

It didn't bother me as much as I thought, seeing as how a stranger is hugging me right now. It actually felt really safe and warm. He stays holding me for minutes in silence until all my tears stop, and pulls away from me.

"Fuck! I really don't like your mother. She is fucking crazy for not wanting an adorable son like you!" He's pacing back and forth now, with his arms crossing his chest. He looks angry, and like he's contemplating something. "That's it! It's decided..." he stops and looks at me. "I'm going to let you live here, Nong."