Chapter 26 - GAME TIME

Just sometimes, love does that to you, it plays hide and seeks with your emotions, between the mind and the heart, sometimes it takes you on a rollercoaster of high's and low's of feelings, and sometimes, as strongly as it exists, it silently does indulge in a little game in between the hearts that are bonded by the string of its existense,and like every game, some moves or rather all of them are like weapons, that lead to injury, but in the end, its all about who lives to fight and play another day.

.......

Saturday - 7 PM - Barkat

Asad watched Khushi feed their mother soup,as she said - " ammi, you are going to finish this, no matter what, i hear from Rukssar that you havent been eating properly at all..."

Ruksaar smiled as she said - " well she does, on and off..."

Khushi retorted - " and thats the worst ammi, hope you know that, anyway now that im here, ill take care of that..."

Dilshaad smiled at her daughter - " oh, im fine, absolutely fine, ok and after i finish eating, you and me have a lot to talk..."

Khushi smiled - "ofcourse ammi,im here with you..."

Asad had been watching within hands folded from the door to his mother's room,and he couldn't help but smile at the two woman that were a part of his world, ofcourseif Zoya was here, it would be like his whole world in one frame, but since she wasn't, he would have to wait for that moment for some more time, but right now he wanted to talk to Khushi, so he said - " Khushi, why dont you freshen up, you'v been by ammi's side ever since you arrived, cmon you need to rest too, its been a long day for you..."

Dilshaad nodded - "oh yes, please Khushi..."

Khushi smiled - "yes, bhaijaan, i could use a nice long shower...ammi, ill be back soon...", and she kissed her mother on the head and walked out.

Asad closed the door to their mothers room,as he said to Khushi - " ok , so you need to freshen up quickly, and i know you are tired, but Zoya insists that you meet her at the Cafe around the corner in 40 minutes, she messaged me its really important.."

Khushi looked at him confused - " really? what is it?? aren't you coming??"

Asad - " as much as i want to, but i can't because firstly she clearly mentioned that she wanted to see just you, some best friend code talks i guess, and secondly, i won't leave ammi,alone, one of us have to be here..."

Khushi - " yeah, you are right, fine ill just freshen up quick..."

Asad brushed his sisters hair with love and he kissed her on the head as he said - " khushi, im so happy you are home, and maybe tomorrow you can tell me about why you broke up with Arhaan, you should have told me, you know i didn't know, and i told ammi,about it..."

Khushi looked at him shocked - " what???? oh bhaijaan, now i know what she meant with, you and i , have a lot to talk about Khushi, anyway ill explain tomorrow, i promise..."

Asad nodded - " ok, now go, be quick...and please tell me if Zoya talks ill of me...", he winked with a naughty smirk.

Khushi grinned - " oh, so now you want me to be your secret agent or what??"

Asad nodded and he grinned back - " you could say that..."

Khushi hugged her brother as she said - " i love what she's done to you, Zoya, you are the different person ammi, always believed you could be, and look at the cherry on the cake, you learnt to joke too..."