CHAPTER 6

As the sun goes down and the darkness overwhelms the bustling environment of the Brooklyn social setting, the lights which dangle across the front courtyard of the restaurant we've arrived at grow more prominent- delightful and mesmerising specks ...

As the sun goes down and the darkness overwhelms the bustling environment of the Brooklyn social setting, the lights which dangle across the front courtyard of the restaurant we've arrived at grow more prominent- delightful and mesmerising specks of light illuminating this night from one timber post to another. Music plays at a perfect volume so that, combined with the delicate lighting, it provides a sense of warmth and intimacy that envelopes you in the atmosphere. If it wasn't for my awareness of just what exactly I was here for I would say that I could almost feel a sense of romanticism bloom inside me.

I could imagine myself in the hushed corner of its secluded walls, just like the couples who were seated there now, stares and whispers full of longing taking place over the too long lengths of the table. Hands caressing one another, bodies or minds wanting for one another. I couldn't say that I knew who exactly I could imagine all this with or what triggered these thoughts in my mind, but I could say that I certainly didn't like how it felt when I could somehow feel Theodore's gaze lingering on me as I thought of this.

I look away from the view of the restaurant and in the direction of where I felt the gaze coming from in my peripheral vision. Through the glass of my car windscreen I see the figure hunched over the side of a sleek black car, attempting to discretely take a look at me. He instantly turns away once I meet his gaze, grabbing his belongings out of the car before finally closing the car door and beginning to walk our way.

Tearing my eyes away from Theodore as he moves to lean against the side of what appeared to be his Audi on the sidewalk, presumably waiting for Lexi to join him who was currently touching up her makeup. I make my move to also shift out of my now stuffy Toyota to the cool fresh air of this late Autumn night. In all of my mayhem getting ready I had completely forgotten about the much cooler temperature which took place outside the snug walls of my quaint Brooklyn apartment. Hence, my leggings regrettably laid waiting on my armchair back home and I was here praying that I would not freeze to death tonight.

I had so many worries regarding tonight that I didn't need to worry about that too. Thankfully, upon exiting my car with Lexi I look to find that both the interior and exterior of our venue for tonight were clad with numerous heaters ready to save me from the chill my forgetfulness would have sacrificed myself to.

Whilst I still hoped that we would choose to sit within the toasty confines of the interior, at least I still knew that I could make it through the night without the warmth of someone's company as Lexi did. Damon may apparently be attending tonight's gathering but I really did not know him well enough that I could move close enough to him to channel his warmth. Meanwhile, Lexi had supposedly gone out with Theodore a few times so it was definitely more acceptable for her to be so closely joined with her partner.

As I follow behind Lexi while she makes her way from my car to where Theodore stands, I observe her outfit and look on with envy as she was a bit wiser with her outfit planning considering the weather.
Tonight she had chosen to go for a simple long sleeve halo neck top in black which looked thick enough to keep her warm but thin enough that she was not being swallowed up by its size. Her delicate, thin silhouette was perfectly shaped by the wispy composure of her top. Tucked in at the front of her dark blue skinny jeans, a sense of curves was established by the fitting of the jeans.
Whilst Lexi had not inherited so much of our mum's curves as I had, she was definitely equipped with enough curves to keep everyone's eyes on her physique regardless of her apparel.