Chapter Five

Hey, babies! Sorry for the delay in updates!! I’ve been really this week and I haven’t gotten a chance to write. :( I wish I could say that updates will be coming in a lot quicker but they won’t. Sad sigh. I start school tomorrow but I’ll try to get at least one chapter uploaded every week! But with happier news, I’ve started writing chapters for The Times Of Our Lives again! Yay yay!!Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! One Direction is actually in this one, I promise! I love every single one of you! Don’t forget to vote or leave a comment!! :) xoxox

*Harry’s POV*

I yawned tiredly and rested my head on Louis’s shoulder. “Lou, why can’t  we just stay home tonight?” I groaned.

He looked over at me with wide eyes. “Harreh, what’s gotten into you tonight?”

Sighing heavily, I heaved myself off of the couch and dragged my feet as I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Nothing to eat. I heard footsteps and then the sound of Lou jumping on the counter. I turned around and saw him watching me worriedly. “What?” I asked, closing the door to the fridge after grabbing a bottle of water.

“You alright, mate?”

I nodded simply in response and took a sip of my water. “I’m just tired, Lou. Rehearsals took a lot out of me.” And I wasn’t lying. I was exhausted and my throat was a little sore from the day’s work.

Yet Louis was still watching me with a skeptical expression. “Are you sure it has nothing to do with this?” He tossed down a magazine on the counter space beside me.

I recognized it immediately. An old Pop Crush magazine that I kept hidden in a shoebox in my closet. Most of the pages were torn and wrinkled from being shoved into the bottom of my suitcase for several months. On the front cover was Mia’s face, her eyes sparkling as she laughed at some inside joke between we had shared at the photo shoot. . I didn’t know why I’d kept it, honestly. It was just nice to have as a reminder that what we had wasn’t just a publicity stunt. It was real.

I was embarrassed that Lou had found it though. I just couldn’t let him know that. Snatching the magazine off the counter, I glared at him. “Is this what we do now, Louis? We invade each other’s privacy?”

Louis stared back at me, completely unaffected. “I was worried about you. Sue me,” he said simply with a shrug. “Harry, it’s been six months. You’ve got to get over her.”

“Who says I’m not already over her?”

“Harry,” Lou replied sternly with a knowing look.

“I don’t care about her.” I had meant for it to come out strong with a hint of rudeness but instead I just sound defeated and whiny.

“Really,” he asked with a mischievous glint in his eyes. “Then throw it away. No, wait. Burn it in the fireplace.”

I glared at him again before gulping down the rest of my water and heading to my room, magazine still in hand.

At dinner, I tried to sit as far away from Louis as possible. He was my best mate and I’d do anything for him but sometimes he just made me mad. And when that happened the best thing for us to do was give each other some space.

“What are we waiting for?” Niall groaned from beside me, dragging his hands down his face dramatically. Liam and Zayn, who were sitting across from us, rolled their eyes.

“Niall, we ate an hour ago.” Liam laughed. Niall groaned again, this time his stomach growling violently. We all went into hysterics as Perrie and Eleanor looked on disgustedly.