Danielle Matthews

Senior year was supposed to be the best, but that change the minute my dad told me we were moving to another city just so he could be forever with his girlfriend. It doesn't end there, she has a son who I really really hate.

My mom died when I was 14, so it's been just the two of us. But the good news is, dad's girlfriend

"Princess, you'll be late for school."

"I'm here, I'm here. Can't wait to graduate."

"Almost there." He gave me a hug.

"See you at work." I said before leaving.

Dad also owns a restaurant which is really popular here in LA. I go to his work after school sometimes to help, I like to cook with my dad.

"Finally made it on time."

"Hey girl, we missed you at the party."  Lana said while hugging me.

"Yeah, we also saw your boyfriend being friendly with Sasha." Noelia told me. Am I supposed to be hurt?

"Eh, what else is new, and he's not my boyfriend. We're just friends who like to make out." I was in a relationship once. I got hurt so I don't do feelings.

"We're gonna use the ladies room, excuse us." Sasha said before dragging Noelia.

I made my way to the lockers only to be met by him. "You're blocking my locker." I said with crossed arms.

"Am I?" He gasped.

"Move it." I huffed.

"Awe, are we mad today?" He pinched my cheeks.

"Dude, you're so annoying." I pushed him out of my way.

"See you around." He closed my door locker. Ugh, one of these days I'm gonna slap him.

"I swear, she's such a bitch." Lana told Noelia.

"She even told us she was still pure." Sasha laughed.

"We can so use this against her." They both left the bathroom.

Two girls got out of the bathroom. "Some friends she have."

"I know, I get she's the popular girl and all, but that's no reason to be putas about it."

"Do we tell her?"

"Yeah, she deserves to know what kind of friends she has."

"True, but if this blows up in our faces, I'm taking your churros away."

"Rude."

......

At lunch I was sitting with my friends.

"How about a little make out." He said.

"What? Have you lost your mind?" I said before leaving.

"Grab her and show her a good time." Sasha said to him.

He just looked at them and then left. Aaron Smith, gotta love him and his weird jokes, He's one of my best friends. And no, Aaron isn't my make out buddy. He just jokes, the girl who finds him funny good luck to her.

I was in my locker, grabbing my stuff for next period and as soon as I closed the door I was met by two familiar faces.

"Hey, Johanna and Briana" I smiled. They both waved.

"You know us?" Johanna asked.

"Of course, you two are in all my classes." I said to Johanna and then looked at Briana, "I don't think I've ever seen you without a churro." I said to Briana.

"They're life." She grinned. I just chuckled.

"So, we got something to tell you, hope you don't get mad." Johanna said.

"Okay?"

They told me what happened in the bathroom, this wasn't the first time someone said something about them. Lots of people came and told me, but I didn't believe them cause I just thought they were joking.

"I've heard this before, why do people keep saying that, so far they're always nice." I answered.

"We just thought you needed to know, but guess you'll have her backs no matter what." Johanna replied back.

"Hope it's not late." Briana added before they both left.

Why would my friends be talking about me that way, I've been nothing but a great friend to them. Guess I need to keep an eye on things, Johanna and Briana are nice girls, they would never stay these things to hurt me.

After school I went to my dad's work.

"So what's for today." I asked dad.

"You know you don't have to work right?"

"I know, but it's fun. Plus I don't feel like being with my friends today."

"Why?"

"I'll tell you later." I smiled, he gave me a hug before leaving the kitchen. 

Aaron came inside, he also works to help his mom and siblings.

"Hey, beautiful." He gave me a side hug.

"Hey." I gave him a faint smile.

"About earlier-"

"It's fine, I think." I replied a little confused. He just laughed.

I told him what Johanna and Briana said to me, since he hangs out with us too.

"Well, they are, what I said earlier was to prove one point and they fell into my trap." He told me what they said at lunch.

"Wow, all this time people were actually saying the truth. Why me, though? I've been a great friend." I sighed.

"Jealousy is a bitch, and they are indeed jealous of you." He said while grabbing some ingredients.

"But why? What's there to be jealous about?"

"Let's see, you were the new girl, became popular fast, your dad owns a popular restaurant and you are beautiful."

"Okay then, what should I do?" I asked.

"Easy, you're gonna stop paying for their food, you will become short with answers, and then ignore them  completely."

"I will."