Chapter Ten: Personality issues and burnt breakfast

When I got out of the shower, I put on the clothes from yesterday back on since they were the only ones in there. I quickly dried my red and brown hair (I have a hint of brown in there by the way).

I come out only to find the smell burnt food and a screaming Sarah. I don't know the way to the kitchen, But at least I can follow her scent. Thank God for me being almost like a dog. I find her in the kitchen with her shoulder on fire. Sarah (a.k.a, Salus) was flailing around in panic since the fire just caught to her sleeve. I simply sighed and walked to the cabinets.

After a time, I found the flour. I just don't know why it had to be in the very back of the cabinet! I grabbed a handful and threw it on her arm. It took a couple more handfuls to put the fire out. I didn't want to use water because I didn't know what kind of fire it was. You know? Like a grease fire or something of that sort.

Sarah stopped moving aimlessly for a moment and then she glared at me. "Hey! Do you know how much this sweater costs!? And you've made a huge mess! How are we going to clean this up!?"

Wow. I just stopped her arm from burning and this is all the thanks I get? Ungrateful.

"Hey, you know what? I just made your arm stop burning and the flour is pretty easy to clean up. If I used water, everything would be soaked and you would be more mad at me." I turn to go and get a broom. "Oh, and another thing." I turn to her. "You really should be mad at the fire. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't give a damn about how much your shirt costs. Now I think you should go change. Since your sleeve isn't that bad, I guess you can just wash it and wear it again."

Sarah ran to the other room and heard a hard slam of a door. "Well, guess I'm in charge of cleaning and cooking this morning..."

--------------TIME SKIP-------------

I place the food on the table and finished cleaning the kitchen. Sarah is still in her room. Is she still mad at me? I wouldn't blame her for being so. But let's be honest:

She was kinda acting like a bitch.

After I place the food on the table, I went to go check on Sarah.

When I knocked on her door, the force of the knock slightly opened the door because it wasn't close in all the way. "Hey, you alright? Breakfast is ready."

Silence.

I saw Sarah curled up in a corner of the empty room. She turned to me and scowled. "Who the hell are you?" she said in an unfamiliar voice. Are you kidding me right now? We were now living together and she doesn't know me? Her memory might be a little damaged or something. "Um, my name is Mira? we sort of living together."

She just stared at me like it had six heads. Then she reached over and did the worst thing a person could ever do to me!
Well, make that the third worst thing...

She reached over and started rubbing my little ears.

"Wow... Your ears are so soft! Are they real?" she asked. "Um, yeah. I'm a mutant just like you. This is part of my mutatation."

"Oh, I'm not a mutant. Sarah is."

I look at her in confusion. "Wait, you're Sarah."

She shook her head. "What are you talking about? my name's Ashley."