Part 29

Raman awoke to sunlight bursting through the oversized window and to his wife snuggling closer to him, her body warm and soft and she was absolutely
perfect in every way imaginable.

He ran his hand down her bare back, caressing the delicate skin beneath his fingertips. Being away from her was absolute torture and something he wanted to come to an end.

After a few minutes of fighting the urge, Ishita slowly opened her eyes and looked up at Raman , studying the expression on his face. He looked content. He
looked happy. He looked satisfied. "Morning, Jaan" he said. "Did you sleep well ?"

"Yes." she answered with a hint of a smile. "I always sleep well in your arms."

He leaned down and kissed her lips. "I'm so glad we're working things out." he replied. "I think things are going to be much better from now on."

Ishita moved out of his embrace and sat up in bed. "What do you mean things are going to be better now?" she asked. Last night didn't make any of our problems just disappear into thin air."

"I never said that." he said as he sat up beside her. "But I think we're making a little progress. The past few months have been difficult for all of us."

I: Our biggest problem is Shagun. She still expects you to marry her, she lives in your house and what about Pihu? for her, Shagun is her mother.

R: I know and we'll fix it all, I promise, but let's enjoy the last few days here before the big storm comes.

There was a knock on the connecting door in someone trying to open the door.
"Mamma, Papa , Open the door."

I: Shanaya! Raman That's Shanaya!

Both jumped out of bed in a hurry. Raman picked his things off the floor and hurriedly got dressed. Ishita ran irritated back and forth through the room and looked for her clothes. Shanaya knocked loudly at the door and called her parents.
After both dressed, Ishita went to the connecting door and opened it.

I: Good Morning Chotu
She hugged Shanaya. Behind Shanaya stood Ruhi and Aaliya. All three came into the room and Shanaya went straight to the bed and sat down.

RU: Why was the door locked ? Did you sleep in your clothes ?

Raman muttered something about taking a shower and was about to go to the bathroom. Ishita could not believe that he wanted to leave her alone with this situation. She gave him a warning look and he stops.

S: Did you have a pillow fight ?

Silence ... Ruhi and Aaliya looked at the bed, where Shanaya was sitting. The bed was a mess.

I: You had a pillow fight? Fun without me! She pouted

Ruhi and Aaliya looked at each other. Ishita just wanted to die. Raman wanted to run to the bathroom, but then Ishita would kill him. Ishita tried to say something, but no sound came out.

RU: Shanaya come, you get ready in our room.

Shanaya took what she wanted to wear and went with Ruhi and Aaliya. When the door was closed, Ishita saw to Raman.

I: They know it, Ruhi and Aaliya know it. OMG , Is there anything more embarrassing than that ?

Ishita slapped him on his arm.
R: Ouch, what was that for ?
I: For wanting to flee to the bathroom.

Raman laughed
R: Come,  let's get ready for breakfast
********************************************
Everyone is sitting together at breakfast. Shanaya talked to Ananya, Sritija and Pihu.

S: Mamma and Papa had a pillow fight without me.
Ishita choked on her coffee and Raman got a coughing fit.
Mrs.B :They had a pillow fight without you ?
I: Yes Dadi, Mamma always scolds me when I jump around on the bed, but she and Papa had so much fun tonight without me.
Mrs.B: What is this child talking about ?

Ruhi and Aaliya tried to conceal their laughter..
S: I slept with Ruhi Didi and Aaliya Didi tonight, mom and dad had a pillow fight. The whole bed was messed up. Hai na ? Ruhi Didi .

No one said a word, all eyes were on IshRa.Ishita wanted to die.

Shanaya continued to eat breakfast.

R: No idea what she's talking about.

You two have a really cute kid , cute and very attentive. Joked Vandu.

Ishita got up and said to the girls," I'll take you to the Kids' Club"

Ishita was on her way to the kids club with the girls.
P: Ishita Aunty, may I join you and Papa next time in the pillow fight.?
I: No, I was not allowed to, why should you be allowed to ? Do a pillow fight with your mom.!

I: Shanaya don't fight wit your sister.
S: I dont care, then make a pillow fight with her. I'm doing one with Ruhi Didi.
I: Shanaya be a Good Girl

Shanaya crossed her arms over her chest and pouted. She was so cute, Ishita tickled her and Shanaya giggled ...Then she took Shanaya in her arms and tenderly bit her cheek
I: I eat you up

Ishita brought the girls in, wish them much fun and say goodbye.
********************************************
Shagun wanted to talk to Raman, she needed to know what was going on between him and Ishita.
She sees Raman

SH: come with me, I need to talk.
Raman goes to her.
R: What happened ?
SH: Ishita , Ishita happened, What's going on between you two ?
R: I am very grateful to you, but I can't marry you, I agree that you did a lot for me, and no one else can do that, I don't love you, I don't know you love me or not, we were "marrying" for Pihu's sake, when everything is getting fine, I want you to think of your future, you need someone who loves and respects you.

SH: But  I m happy. Believe me, I am happy by your side.
R: Till when will you stay happy ?
SH: Are you not  happy ?
R: Have you seen me happy for the past seven years ?
I want to be honest with you. I love Ishita, she is the only woman for me, I am happy at her side. She gives me peace that I have not had for 7 years.She makes me complete..

SH: And what does that mean for me ?
R: Call me selfish, but I want Ishita! I want her by my side. I want to grow old with her and live happily with our children.

Shagun looked at him
R: You deserve to be happy, but it's not me who makes you happy.
SH: What about Pihu?
R: We will explain it to Pihu. Me, you and Ishita, but only after the holidays.
SH: But I don't want to leave Pihu
R: Nobody forbids you Pihu, we will clear everything as soon as we are back home.

Shagun nods but, she was not happy with the situation. Shagun goes to her room and gets angry.

Raman tells Ishita about the conversation with Shagun. Ishita says "She deserves love, she did not get stable relationship till now, she needs someone sensitive, loving and caring." He asks "who?"

She says "Mani". He says "I was mistaken, but he is a good man." She says "he is really good, I will talk to him. he says "no, let me talk to Shagun first."

To be continued

- [ ]