Chapter Two

(You're fifteen now.)

[TW: attempted sexual assault. It occurs near the end of the chapter and is only a few paragraphs long.]

-

You walk down the familiar path to the stream, careful of low hanging branches. Aurora's tenth birthday is today, and you were going to pick some blackberries by the stream. Of course, you were also going to bathe, because it's been a day since you bathed. But, you also thought you'd get some blackberries.

You hum a familiar tune as you walk, before you sense the presence of your 'Fairy Godmother'.

"Hello, Maleficent," You greet without looking her way. Since Aurora's not around, you see no harm in addressing her by her name.

"Hello Y/n, how are you faring?" She asks politely, coming to walk beside you.

You smile slightly, "I'm fine. And I trust you are well?"

"Of course. Y/n..."

You look at her with a small frown, "Yes?"

"I am sorry for your troubles." She says, sadness evident in her voice.

You smile, "You've already apologized, and I've already forgiven you, Godmother. All is in the past."

"Beastie is turning ten today. That means you have six more years."

You grin, "Yes, six whole years to enjoy life to its fullest, and I can't do that with a sour attitude. Positivity is key."

Your gaze fixes on a raven coming to rest on Maleficent's cane.

"Hello Handsome!" You run your fingers through his soft feathers. He nuzzles his head into the palm of your hand, making you giggle.

"Handsome?" Maleficent questions with a smirk.

"Well, yes. He's a very attractive bird." You reply, continuing to walk with Maleficent.

She chuckles before making a motion with two fingers. You gasp as the raven turns into a man before your very eyes.

You step back before smiling as a blush forms on your cheeks.

His hair is raven black, with a few feathers sticking in it. His skin is pale and dusted with various scars, it contrasts with his dark hair.

His brown eyes are playful and happy, making you stare at them for longer than necessary.

"Still handsome?" Maleficent quips, smirking at your blush.

"The name's Diaval, pleased to meet you properly, miss." He steps closer to you and takes your hand in his.

Bowing, he kisses your hand, making butterflies burst in your stomach.

"The pleasure's all mine. And, please call me Y/n, sir." You curtsy.

"Only if you'll call me Diaval, I'm no 'sir'."

Maleficent smiles, "I'll leave you two to talk."

Diaval nods at her, and you both watch as she retreats into the woods.

"Well, Diaval, are you often a man?" You ask, continuing your stroll to the stream.

"Only as often as Maleficent allows. She's the one who controls what I am." He explains to you with his velvet accented voice.

You puzzle over his words before asking more questions, "Why do you serve her?"

He smiles, hoping over a fallen log before assisting you over, "She saved my life, and for that I am eternally grateful. Serving her is my way of repaying her for her kindness."