Chapter 1: Wishing on a Shooting Star

*Chloe's P.O.V*

"Alright girls, time for bed." Ms. Jackson calls from downstairs."Okay." We all reply.

I should probably introduce myself. Hi, my name is Chloe, I'm 10 years old, and I have been in the Sunnyside Orphanage for almost a year. The reason I'm here, is because my dad used to drink, a lot. When he was drunk, he would beat me until I passed out, and had bruises all over my body. My mom didn't know about it, because my dad did this when she was at work, and would hide them from her when she got home.

Eventually, I got so tired of it, that on one particularly bad night, after my dad passed out, I called the police. They showed up about 5 minutes later, and found me on the floor covered in blood and bruises. They arrested both my dad, and my mom, sense she never noticed what he was doing to me. That's how I ended up here, at the "wonderful" Sunnyside Orphanage.

~~~

I carefully climbed into bed, after changing into my one old and tattered pair of pajamas that the orphanage provided me with. As I lay in bed, and tried to fall asleep, I thought about what my life would be like, if I hadn't called the police that night. I shuddered at the thought, and closed my eyes, only to realize, that once again, I wouldn't sleep tonight.

I sighed and got out of bed, going over to one of the dirty windows. I looked up at the sky just in time to see a shooting star. I closed my eyes and made a wish. 'I wish... to get adopted by a nice family.' And with that, I went to bed.

Hey guys ! The next chapter will be longer, I promise ! How do you like it so far ? I would really apreciate it if you commented and voted ! Thanks!
~ dancerkylie ❤️