delicate [brallon]

summary: songfic. reallyyyy short. based on "delicate" by taylor swift. basically it was stuck in my head while i was trying to take a math test and so i wrote this afterwards.

tw: none

brendon urie has never been the person that people wanted to be. he's never been the role model that his parents wanted him to be. he's never been the person that the other kids at school were jealous of.

no, brendon urie was something else. something special.

what that something was, though, dallon wasn't sure.

he had a reputation, everyone knew that. he was the guy who abused drugs that dallon had never had the urge to touch. he was the guy who penned songs about nights with too much alcohol and chlorine. he was the guy who traveled the world to make people happy, and god knows that that smile on his face was picture perfect, even if it wasn't always real.

reputations aren't always what they seem, though, dallon knows.

because brendon was something else, too. he was smart, he had notebooks full of lyrics that were too heartbreaking to sing. he was kind, he touched the back of dallon's hand ever so lightly when the world got to be too much. he was funny, but not in the "i only like my friends when i'm high" way, but in the "the last time you spoke i spit milk out of my nose" kind of way.

dallon hummed something against closed lips, tracing the line of brendon's spine up his back. his skin was soft underneath dallon's fingers, the sheet pushed down over his legs. the morning sunlight dripped over brendon's body, sticking to his skin like paint.

"like what you see?" brendon murmured against the pillow, voice muffled.

"always," dallon told him.

when you sleep, do you dream of me too? have you memorized the taste of my lips just in case i leave the way that i'm so afraid you will? when you wake up, are you fascinated by the way my stomach rises as i breathe?

dallon took a deep breath, stretching across the hotel bed. he watched the ceiling, tracing patterns into the plaster. a microphone. a rose. a star.

"you okay, dall?" brendon asked, rolling over to face the other boy, twisted in the sheets.

there are an infinite number of words that dallon would use to describe brendon urie, but their definitions all added up to i'm so in love with you.

"i'm just really happy," dallon said. he closed his eyes, but he can feel brendon smile. brendon presses a soft kiss against dallon's shoulder, his lips warm, as if he had soaked up all the sunshine and is hiding it somewhere inside his smile.

"me too," brendon tells him. "me too."