Chapter 3: I Stopped Playing Tag When I Turned Five

✱ Chapter 3: I Stopped Playing Tag When I Turned Five✱

Morgan's POV:

After the night with August, she made some pancakes which were somewhat burnt, then i went on my way. Thankfully for August having an a nice mom, she cleaned my shirt and sweater for me and let me take a shower in the morning so i could wash the crusty smoothie out of my hair.

They offered me a ride home plenty of times, but i was in no rush to go back to my dad's house again. So, i thanked them, told August I'll text her later, and began walking.

On my little walk, i came across a small coffee shop. I hate coffee, but i could go for a cup of very sugary tea.

After waiting in the ten minute line just to get a damn tea and glazed donut, i sat down at a round table and began scrolling through my phone. I took a sip of my tea, only to burn my tongue and mumble a curse word to myself, and jumping out of my seat a bit. I sat back down, scooted myself in, and took a bite of my donut despite the burn coming from my tongue.

"Well if it isn't the sassy smoothie girl..." I heard a voice, and looked up since that description fit my yesterday self perfectly.

Oh great.

It's Mr. Charming himself.

"What part of 'go away, you're a complete freak' don't you understand?" I asked, finishing my donut and grabbing my cup of tea and slipping my phone back in my bag. I picked up the plastic bag with my dirty clothes inside.

"Complete freak? You didn't say that yesterday..."

"Yeah? Well, I'm so sorry for forgetting, at least i told you now."

"Ouch... Well anyways, i wanted to apolo--"

I cut him off by placing my hand over his mouth

"Stop. Talking." I said in chopped sentences before taking my hand off his face and rolling my eyes at him.

"Can i at /least/ get your name? For old times sake?" He asked, but i stayed silent. "C'mon... I just want to know the name of the girl i tackled! Don't you think it's better if i call you by your real name rather then sassy smoothie gi--"

"Morgan! My name is Morgan Tate. Have a nice day....." I dragged the sentence on, wanting him to tell me his name without me actually having to ask what it is.

"Harry... Harry Styles." He replied with a toothy grin.

"Have a nice day, Harry." I repeated, walking past him and out the shop.

***

"Where have you been, Morg? You can't just disappear all night and show up out of no where with NO messages what so ever!" My dad scolded right when I got home from walking.

I simply rolled my eyes at him "you didn't seem to care what i did for the last two years of my life, why start now?" I answered spitefully, walking to my room and throwing my dirty clothes in a garbage bag i had. Every week (on Mondays) i was planning to clean my week worth of clothes down at the laundry mat.

I changed into a pair of long jeans that were ripped at the knees, a tight navy blue tank top, along with a multi-colored red flannel. I let my hair out of it's somewhat greasy braid and let it stay down.

I walked to the bathroom and washed my face, taking off the old makeup so i didn't break out much, then brushed my teeth. Even though i didn't shower last night and this morning, I'll probably just shower tonight; no big deal.

As i grabbed my bag from my bed and entered the living room, i kissed the top of my brothers head and ran my fingers threw his curls "see you later, punk." I said with a smile, earning a smile back from the baby.

I left unexpectedly once again. I had to spend the least amount of time in that house as I could. Maybe one of these days I'd take Mikey to the beach or the carnival or something.

I walked around the beach, kicking shells and ignoring people.

"Hey, Morgan!" I heard a voice yell. I looked up from the sand, squinting my eyes to see.

Oh god, not again.

"Harry, now i honestly think you're stalking me." I said, crossing my arms over my chest as i watched the shirtless boy run over to me with that charming smile of his.

"Maybe i am, maybe I'm not." He replied, his smile turning into a smirk. "I was wondering if you'd like to... Um... Maybe you'd like to come to the carnival with me tonight. I'm going with a few friends and I'd love if you tagged along."

"Sorry, i stopped playing tag when i turned five." I replied with a shrug as if saying 'sorry bud, you're out of luck because i hate you.' Hate? Na, that's too strong of a word. More like dislike greatly.

"Does that mean i could pick you up at eight?" He said with a confident grin (as usual), and his eyebrows raised. "No tag necessary....? And I'll buy you a smoothie and win you something at a game."

Hm, he was good at bargaining.

"Deal. But I'm wearing this and if i don't have a good time, you have to promise to leave me alone, alright?"

"And if you have a good time, Morgan? What happens then?" He asked.

"Then..." I said before trailing off. For once in my life, I'm lost for words. Crap.

"What? Is that Morgan i see? Lost for words? Wow." Harry sarcastically gasped.

"Screw off and I'll see you at eight, moron." I said with a laugh, shaking my head and continuing to walk. I turned my head only to see Harry stand in that one spot, running his fingers threw his hair with a dumb smile on his lips.

Why's he so happy?