"Thank you, Marco. What brings you here?" I motion him to start walking with me to the car

"Oh Right, the men who worked for your father are now questioning who is going to take over," he says slowly as if trying not to make me angry.

"What do you mean who? I am. I'm his only child."I pointed out

"They know but they are worried because....." he grabs my arm softly as if I'm made out of glass and could break any second.

"Because I am a woman." I finish for him. He nods waiting for me to explode. "Look, tell those men to pay some respect to my father," I walk away.

As I get in to sit in the passenger seat of a car, I glance at the driver then look again. You son of a bitch. Damian gives me the softest smile, I quickly open the door and as I'm about to jump out he grabs my wrist and sits me back down.

"Shut the door," he demands, his voice cold which sent shivers down my spine.

"Fuck you," I spat he squeezes my wrist tighter, I slam the door and yelp. He lets go immediately his face changes. I make my hand go into a fist and with all my strength punch him in the nose. He groans in pain and I see blood spilling out of his nose.

"Fine I deserved that," he mumbles

"You deserve worse," I sneer "I don't want to be near you don't you get that?"

"I hate that I hurt you and I'm sorry but what could I have done? What did you want me to do lie to you?"

"You should have. I wouldn't have hate you as much as I do now. You broke my heart, Damian. You crushed it into little pieces that I can't put back together. Being around you... Gosh even seeing you kills me each time inside. You admitted it so just be happy and go marry the love of your life." This time I do get out of the car and before slamming it I say "You are a piece of shit for coming and talking to me the day of my father's funeral," And I slam going back inside to find another ride.

****

After the burial, mama thought it would be nice to have a small gathering at the house with all of our family and closes friends. It sounds small but we have a large family and a lot of close friends.

I decided to get away from all of the people sat outside on the back porch. I tried to remember all of the memories of my father when I was a little girl. That feels so long ago.

I was so tuned in my thoughts that I didn't even realize that Angelo was sitting next to me.

"Oh Hey," I try to smile but it feels wrong

"Are you okay?" he asks trying not to make things awkward but they already are.

"Don't ask me shit like that," We stay silent

"She's good for you," I blurt out. He tenses up when he realised who I was talking about.

"She's too good for me. I hate lying about the real reason I'm going to marry her." he sighs

"Don't tell her. Sometimes the truth hurts more than the lie, trust me I know." I close my eyes wishing I didn't have so much in my head.

"You deserve better," he reaches for my hand. Our finger tangle in each other. I look down at our joined hands, enjoying the moment for a second. I move closer to him resting my head on his shoulder while keeping his hand in mine. I could hear his heart beating steadily while mine was racing. Neither of us says a word. There was nothing to say except enjoy this moment. I wondered what a normal life would be like. Then I remind myself that the mafia will always be apart of my life.

****

I'm currently standing in front of what used to be my father's meeting room.

There is a table filled with men trying to overthrow me. Yes, these men will try to intimidate me but I am no ordinary woman. I am now the Italian Donna.

I take a deep breath trying to calm my nerves. Here goes nothing.

I open the doors and walk in. Some men give me a glance and others continue talking. As I'm walking to my rightful seat I take a glance at the Salvatore. Its only Luca and Angelo. Damian is nowhere to be found, I felt relieved for some reason.

I take in my seat and say "Signore," Not a glance. "Escusa?" I say again a little louder. Nothing.

"Will you all shut the fuck up?" I yell. All of then turn to me. "Grazie,"

Some men give me a dirty look. Others trying to hold in their laughter. I am nothing but a girl to them playing boss.

"Now I know most of you hate the idea that I'm your boss. Most of you can't do a single thing about it because it is my right."

"You're a woman who knows nothing about this business," A man down the table says

"Your right. I am a woman but that doesn't mean I can't do this job better than any other man,"

"You women can't do shit," another man spits out. He was maybe a little older than me.

I scoff and slip out a knife I had in my heel. I stood, walking over to him, playing with the small knife in my hand.  "I am no ordinary woman,"  I whisper in his ear as a smirk creeps on my face. I stab his upper arm and he yelped in surprise. I twisted the knife and added, "If you aren't going to take me seriously then now is your chance to get the fuck out because I'm not going to take your bullshit." He tried so hard not to scream from the pain, his face turning red. I pulled out the knife and walked back to my seat. Nobody dared to make a noise.  "If I hear anybody complain about how I don't know shit. Next time this knife, " I raised the bloody knife and throwing it on the table "Will be in your heart. I'm not here to play any games, gentlemen. I'm here to get business done.