☾7☽

A/N: I'm trying to update as fast as possible. Really sorry I was gone for a long while and made you all wait. ♥

Here's EpicSugarFox's silver parachute containing a special message: "Thank you so much for sponsoring Skyler Odair! Hope you never give up on her! You were the bestest childhood friend everrr btw. <3"

--

I ride up the elevator by myself and baracade myself in my room. There I sulk on the bed. I miss James so much right now. I miss my parents so much. I miss everything about home and the smell of the sea when I first wake in the morning.

Fear creeps in the back of my mind. I can think of a million ways dying. I can see the lonely I'd put James in if I left this world.

Petra is outside my door knocking. It's time for supper.

When I don't come out for a solid five minutes Nikolai is out there. He bangs on the door loudly, "You did fine out there Skyler. I dont understand why you're so upset!"

I sulk in those white bed sheets.

Soon it's just silent. I lay there, still in my interview clothes and makeup. Soon I fall into dreamless sleep.

"Skyler. Skyler open the door."

My eyes droop but flicker open.

"Skyler. Please open the door! Its me, Sebastian."

I drag my feet to the door and open it. Sebastian is there, standing in a green shirt and black pants holding some dinner rolls. "Can I come in?" He asks.

I step aside and he enters, shutting the door himself with a soft click. Then he hands me a dinner roll.

I take it and thank him quietly. Then I chew numbly.

"You wanna tell me why you're so upset?" Sebastian asks after I while.

I shake my head but I quietly mumble, "I'm just scared sometimes and then I go on lockdown."

"Its okay, it happens to everyone," Sebastian says, eating a roll himself.

We sit there on my bed until Sebastian gets up and says, "You should probably go to the dining hall. Nikolai and Petra are there."

I walk to the dining hall alone. I catch my reflection in one of the mirrors in the hallway. My hair is messy from sleeping and the flowers have been flattened and ruined. My dress is rumbled and I look disheveled.

When Petra sees me she envelopes me in a hug that surprises us both. Then she takes both of my hands in hers and genuinely says, "Good luck out there. Thank you for being the sweetest tribute I've had. Its been a privilege to sponsor you."

I smile sweetly at her. She truely doesn mean well. 

Petra hurries out and then I look at Nikolai. "Advice?"

"Are you a fast runner?"

I think to myself. "I'm decent but my endurance is a lot better than my speed."

Nikolai crosses his arms and says, "When that gong sounds, wherever you are, get the hell out of there. Put as much distance as possible from you and the others and find a source of water."

When I'm walking out Paprika stops me in my tracks. She hugs me and my face gets pressed to her chest. I'm getting so many hugs today.

"You're such a doll, its a shame you're being put in the arena," she says and looks at me sympatheticly. Well thanks.