What Just Happened?

Hey peoples! I have just started writing books, so I hope you enjoy it! :)

What Just Happened?

(chapter 1)

**Introduction**

You ever have the feeling that bad things always happened to someone else and not you? How nothing can go wrong? Well, I've had that feeling before, and trust me, bad things happen to everyone. I should know, it happened to me. It could have been worse, but I guess I was lucky...

Here, let me start from the beginning...

Chapter 1

My name is Amber, and I have just graduated from 8th grade with my best friends, Tricia and Megan. We have known each other since 2nd grade, man, those were the good times...

Oops, sorry, off track. Anyways, life is swell in Sydney, Australia. Nothing really happens here, nothing bad at least. It was the first day of summer vacation, and I should say it was a beautiful, sunny day, but I don't like lying. I'm in my room, texting on my brand new cell phone (my graduating gift), the rain is plinking down on my window pane. All seems quiet, peaceful actually.

I start to dose off when...

"HEY AMBER!!!"

ughhh......

"WHAT IS IT MOM?"

"THE DOG IS WHINING! I NEED YOU TO LET HIM OUT!!!"

"BUT IT'S RAINING!!!"

"I DON"T CARE IF IT'S RAINING! YOU WANTED THIS DOG, YOU LET HIM OUT!!"

...That's true...

"...ALRIGHT!"

A few minutes later you see me getting drenched in the rain watching my dog doing his business.

A great start to my summer vacation.

When Nelson (my dog) is done, we run into the house.

I grab a towel and start drying off Nelson before he starts to smell like wet dog.

Ugh. Too late.

I start to go back up to my room when...

"Hey Amber, think fast!"

I turn around just in time to be smacked in the face with a towel.Great.

It was my older sister Nicole, she was one of those pretty/smart/annoying type sisters. I was so jealous of her.

She had everything!! A nice figure, long flowy brown hair, brains, musical skills, and she even has a boyfriend!!!

"NICKI!!! What was that for?!?"

"Aww, calm down Amber, I was just getting you a towel to dry yourself off..."

"Ya, well you didn't have to throw it at me!!"

"You just need to be faster."

... That's true too...

"What are you doing?" I ask to change the subject.

"I'm going to go see Russell" (Russell's her boyfriend)

"ok, well... tell him I say hi!"

"ok I will. MOM! I NEED A DRIVE TO RUSSELL'S HOUSE!!!"

"OK SWEETIE! JUST GIVE ME A SEC!!"

I go back up to my room and lay down on my bed. The rain has finally stopped, and there's now a pretty rainbow in my window.

I start to sleep, and I find myself looking for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow with the scarecrow, the tin man, the cowardly lion, and Nelson.

In my dream, Nelson's stomach starts to growl like crazy, and it shook the ground like mad!

But the shaking felt so real... it was actually kinda creepy.

My eyes flew open, and I started telling myself it was only a dream, until I realized I'm still shaking.

It wasn't just me either, EVERYTHING in my room was shaking...

What was going on?

Then it hit me. I then knew what was going on.

It was an earthquake.

Thanks for reading! I'll get to the 2nd chapter as soon as I can! :)