4. Eridani

- Chapter 4 :

"Ammo nayano." (oh god.) You let a few words in Orpo, and felt your heart throb at the mention of your home planet, now in the hands of Mogaria. Your craft had just landed in Eridani, your figure waking up from a nap after the the voice in the craft informed about your landing. Truthfully, you were sure it took the voice an hour to wake up you up, you being the kind of person who sleeps and doesn't wake up even in an apocalypse.

Your eyes scanned the area through the glass screen, your mouth wide in astonishment. You'd never even been out of Sector Andromeda in Orpheus, going to another planet a dream you'd never pondered upon. Eridani wasn't that much different than said in the urban legends you'd read about. The planet was bigger than Orpheus, by a lot for sure. That alone intimidated you if you wanted to be totally honest.

The sky around you was a hazy dark purple, stars littering the sky as the three moons circled the planet at their own paces. Although the scenery was beyond beautiful, it was also foreign. There was a sensation in the pit of your stomach that told you to leave the craft and to explore, to find people and get help for everyone. However, an opposite feeling battled the first, the feeling of fear and failure. Here in the craft, which you still had to name, you were safe. You had food, clothes, and a place to sleep. You could tell the craft to take you to any other planet; in fact you could travel for the rest of your life.

But you knew that the craft wasn't abundant on fuel just at your planet would run out of life. The planet that even though was cruel was you, raised you and gave you shelter. It was now dying, being invaded by other people. The Mogarians were known for being cruel, cutting the intestines out of their captives and letting them slowly bleed to death. they were a race that enjoyed killing and violence, often starting wars with other planets just for fun or to conquer. Never did you think Orpheus would be next, never in your wildest dreams.

You shrugged off the sudden chill that had captivated your body and looked around, fear evident in your eyeballs. What was the chance that these legends even really existed? What if they were in fact, a bed time story you'd taken the wrong way? You pulled strands of your hair and whined in confusion, standing and walking closer to the glass. Your hands bent over the panel as your nose touched the cold glass, sending a shiver down your spine.

You'd landed in a field. Long strands of pink grass poked out from the ground, looking much like whiskers. It was much different from the orange sands that covered your planet like a thin film of dust. The blue, green and black moons above set out a small shine of different colored light, easily dominated by the native purple color of the planet. There were no buildings or such near, no people to meet, not like you wanted to either. Eridanians already scared the crap out of you, and you hadn't even met one. People who never really talked, only communicated through the mind? You would be surprised if they knew Canclo.

You couldn't see anything else from your perch, but you knew the craft was perfectly fine and safe, programmed to land many times it seemed. Even though you were scared, in a weird sense you wanted to discover more and see where you were. You for a fact knew you would stand out with your gold hair and gray void eyes, looking dead almost. To the Eridanian crowd, black hair and eyes were standard, normal. You would look like a shining sun in the middle of a dark abyss.

Yet, you filed up your courage, telling yourself you wouldn't know anything till you tried. You had nothing to lose, other than the noodle cups on the craft, but you were sure it wouldn't be stolen. Hopefully. You carefully inspected the panel, the weight of your planet resting on your shoulders. Your finger stopped at a bright blue button which read 'bayataku' (outside), the meaning obvious. It was your way out. You breathed in a little before pressing the button, gasping as the hatch created a small 'click' sound and a small door next to the panel opened. You wearily watched at the purple mist from the land lazily flew into the main room, invading.