CHAPTER 3

Anan.

"Ayesha look at you, you look so beautiful"Queen Amira gushes as soon as I enter her suite. She was seating on a sofa at the far edge of her living room. Holding a tasbih, while Munira was sprawled all over the floor engrossed in the television.

Queen Ameera was the only person in this world who called me Ayesha apart from my father. Her real name was also Ayesha, I was actually named after her. Thank you Baba. The one thing you ever did right.

I took in her living room. Apart from as they say the Crown Prince and King's suite. Queen Ameera had the best suite. And I don't think it's because she was the favorite wife, she just had great taste and maybe it might be because of that.

Every suite had a free corridor, a living room, the master bedroom. It also had two extra rooms depends on what you wanted to use yours for. Latifa and Munira decided to make one their theater room and the other their closet. Assure you the rooms were pretty pretty big.

It was like your own personal apartment.

The Queens living room was the best I've seen so far. Blue with expensive sofas and chandeliers and the most expensive art works. With a center table which had the freshest bouquet of flowers that were supplied every day by her maid who picked it out from the Royal garden. Everything here was so grand, luxurious and elegant.

"Thank you" I say looking down.

"Anaaaaannnnnnnnnn"Munira dragged before engulfing me in a big hug. She twirled us around while I let out a groan. Glad to see she hasn't changed. She always does this. But In a way it's really nice and quite comfortable.

"How are you Anan" Queen Khadija asks. She was lying down upright on the sofa while reading a book. She looked so young and to think she had four children.

"I am good, Thank you for asking"

For the rest of the day, at least till it was almost dinner time. I was in the Queens suite talking to them. They mostly asked me questions about The States and how living there was like, I mean they had been there obviously and I had been there before I actually moved there. But they wanted to know how living there was like, I should've been tired of the questions already but it was expected, so I didn't mind.

***************

Dinner on Friday night once a year was the only time that the Royal family had dinner together as a family. I mean with the whole thirty-four children, including the ones that were living outside the palace. Which meant extra work for us. I am exhausted, I had been on my feet throughout since after Jumma't prayer. Hours none stop, meal after meal.

"Ana your feeling in for me at the table tonight"Razan calls out from the pantry, I get quite rethinking if I actually should, while contemplating she calls out again. "Right?"

"Yah, of course" I replied. As much as I really didn't want to anymore, I gave her my word. And today was important for her, it was her anniversary and Ibrahim had planned a small dinner for the both of them. I had known Ibrahim my whole life and they were the perfect pair, so it was the least I could do.

As soon as I was done with the chicken soup they started setting the table as it was currently 6:00 and dinner was by 7:00. Through the intercom speaker Latifa summoned me to her suite, and I was glad to leave.

"Anan can you take these to the table please" Mum handed me a bucket of ice with a champagne. I collected it. I know your waiting for me to tell you that it's not alcoholic but I'm ashamed to say this. It's alcoholic.

In Mana, it is illegal to produce it, import it, or consume Alcohol. Because we are Muslims and Allah has cursed Alcohol.

The curses surrounding Khamr (intoxicants – alcohol, wine etc.) mentioned in the Hadith  are 10 and the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) listed them in the following order: