FIFTEEN.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

DO YOU CATCH MY RIVERDALE DRIFT BOYS?

Third Person POV

Jughead and Archie were sat in front of FP with only a bit of glass separating them. FP picked up the phone "Right boys, go from the beginning"

Jughead explained what the situation was and how Tall Boy wanted the serpents to start working for the Ghoulies. FP was getting angrier by the second. Angry about what was happening and also the fact that he couldn't do anything whilst stuck behind bars. "If we don't do something now, then there won't be any Serpents anymore. It'll just be the Ghoulies"

FP banged his phone against the glass out of anger causing Jughead to give Archie a nervous glance. "The Ghoulies dress like fops but they are a nasty crew. The Serpents have survived worse, though. Much worse. The only hitch is, it sounds like you're outmanned, which means you gotta avoid bloodshed at all cost" The leader told them.

"I agree, one hundred per cent" Archie uttered.

"So out-think them, this is about territory. If there's one thing the Ghoulies love, it's there crazy souped-up retro cars and hearses. You catch my Riverdale drift, boys?"The two boys looked at him not completely understanding what he meant. FP turned to the closest guard to make sure he wasn't listening in before bringing the phone closer to his mouth and whispering "Challenge them to a street race, one-on-one. But keep it on the DL. It's illegal. It'll get you locked up"

"Go on" Jughead urged him to continue.

"Set the terms of the race. Their guy wins, the Serpents roll over"

"But if we win, the Ghoulies back off" Jughead interjected realising the point his father was making.

"And maybe you raise the stakes. Whoever wins controls Southside High" FB encouraged them.

"We get rid of the Ghoulies and get rid of the Jingle Jangle and get McCoy off our back" Jughead finished.

...

After being in the cell for a couple hours, Sheriff Keller finally came along and let us go. Probably because they realised that they didn't have any evidence against us. The first thing we heard the we got out of the holding cell was that there was going to be a race between the Ghoulies and the Serpents. Toni and I made our way to the place where it was being held and I instantly saw Jughead and Archie and made my way over to them. I gave Jughead a hug before asking what was going on.

"We are racing for territory. I spoke to dad and we agreed that this is the only way that we can get what we want"

"Ok, but Jug, be careful please," I told him. He nodded at me before turning to Betty. I made my way over to where Sweet Pea was standing in front of his motorbike.

"Babe, I'm sorry for what I said. I was being a jerk and I didn't mean it. And you're right, I think we should take things a little slower" He apologised making me smile. I went onto my tiptoes and gave him a quick, soft kiss on his lips before turning around to rest my back on his chest letting him wrap his arms around my waist.

We all hung around waiting for the cars to return but we didn't hear anything until someone shouted shouting "Everyone scatter! The cops are rounding up Ghoulies!"

I ran towards where Jughead and Archie had pulled up ignoring Sweet Pea who yelled my name telling me to come back "Come on, come on, we gotta go. Right now" Jughead yelled to us.

"You called the cops?!" Tall Boy shouted in frustration. "You won't throw in with the Ghoulies, but you will with the cops? Wheres the honour in that?" He got up in Jughead's face making me take a worrying step towards them.

"Calm down Tall Boy"

"You think I knew Keller was going to be there?" He asked angrily.

"I called Keller" Archie announced trying to diffuse the situation.

"What the hell Archie! Did my dad tell you about this too?" Jughead boomed.

"No, this was my idea to get rid of the Ghoulies. It worked. They get arrested for street racing, they're off the chessboard.

"For how long? One month? Three months? Do you know what they'll want on the other side? Your head on a stake! All of ours!" Jughead stormed away getting into the driver's seat of the car, Betty getting into the passenger seat. I shook my head at Archie before walking back to Sweet Pea to see if he will give me a ride home.

...

I was leant with my back on my locker as Sweet Pea was in front of me, one arm on the locker above me and one on my waist. "I'm so happy that we sorted everything out. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't forgiven me"

I smiled up at him and went up on my tiptoes to give him a small kiss leaning my head up because I was so much shorter than him. "Hey, there's Jughead and Toni," I noticed grabbing Sweet Peas hand and dragging him over to them. Just as we got there the main doors to the school slammed open and policemen started to walk in.

"No, is this another raid?" Jughead said in disbelief grabbing onto my arm once he noticed I was with them.

"Didn't you hear? They caught the Sugarman" Toni explained.

It was a teacher that I recognised to be the one that let Jughead re-open the newspaper. Jughead let my arm go as Mr Phillips walked past us, he locked eyes with Jughead before continuing down the hallway in handcuffs. I gripped onto Jugheads hand to try and comfort him.

Once we had gotten home, Betty was waiting outside our doorstep. We had let her inside to which she went to tell us all about the Black Hood and how he made her do all these things so that he wouldn't start killing her friends. It took a little time for it to sink in but her and Jughead made up so I decided to go to bed and text Sweet Pea to give them some alone time.