Chapter 4

"It's you..." she uttered, almost a whisper, but I still managed to hear it.

"H-huh?" my breathing hitched when I heard what she said. What me?

"Oh," she coughed, clearing her throat before giving me an awkward smile, "Nothing. May I.. uh... get my dog, please?"

I blinked a few times before I processed what she said, "Sure, sure," I awkwardly chuckled as I handed her the dog. God, I probably look so awkward and embarrassing right now, but you can't blame me! I'm still in a state of shock!

"Thank you for getting Kuma before he even gets to the water. I don't know why this boy suddenly ran off toward this lake," she stated with a sweet smile this time,

"No worries," I told her as I waved my hand, "The dog must've got excited seeing the lake," I added, chuckling nervously,

Silence then prevailed between us as we stood face-to-face, so I assumed it was the time to excuse myself. Well, I don't think I can't last long either. I feel like I'm about to faint for heaven's sake!

I mean, yea, I dreamed about meeting her, but I never expected I'll actually meet her on a random day! And because of random circumstance!

Just when I was about to utter a 'goodbye', she then suddenly spoke, "U-uhm, this might be so random, but uh... Do you mind having a coffee with me?" she asked with hesitant and shyness evident in her voice, "It's fine if you refuse, I just want to talk to you about something,"

She what now?

Is she inviting me for a coffee?!

"M-me?" pointing to myself,

"Yes?" she responded with a chuckle, "Yes, you." I mentally facepalmed myself because of that. Of course, Lei! Who else could she be talking to if not you?

"O-of course, I would love to, but..." she gave me an intent look when I paused, "Goodness, you're Jia Kim, right?"

Her eyes widened when I suddenly mentioned her name, "What? You know who I am?" she asked with her mouth agape,

"Of course! Who wouldn't know you?" I responded with a smile. And I am your fan! I would also like to tell her that, but she might only get weirded out, so never mind.

"Well, I just uh... I didn't expect you would recognize me," she shyly said, putting one hand on her nape, "Oh crap, now I'm shy. But I, uh, still want to invite you for a coffee. My trea—,"

"AAAA! Is that Jia Kim?!"

Our gazes both turned to the sudden yell of a woman. My eyes instantly widened when I saw a group of women who were acting so giddy. The people around us also started murmuring as they began crowding around us.

"Oh, no.." my eyes shifted to Jia again, who looked like she was about to panic,

The curious crowd grew even thicker as many people started approaching Jia. She hates being crowded around! Before the situation get any worse, I immediately ran to where my rented bike was. I quickly picked it up and rode it to where she was, "Hey, get on. Let's get out of here quickly,"

Without saying any word, she climbed on the back of the bike. As soon as she positioned herself on the seat, I immediately rode my bicycle away from there.

I know it's not the right time for this, but gooosh! I can't help but blush because one of her arms was wrapped around my waist while the other was holding Kuma, who kept barking.