-1.17-

PART ONE-CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold

"To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold."

_______________________________________

Her mother wasn't going to be angry that she missed the tournament because she did too. The reason as to why- Rhea still had trouble figuring out. But she had learnt long ago to not act on just snippets of a whole conversation, and she wasn't going to judge her mother for that very reason.

She did her hair and walked out when the footman outside her door came to inform her about the organized luncheon, walking through one of the most well-lit passageways. But then she realised that all passageways would be lit for a while, at least until the Hand's Tournament reaches its end.

She was hearing a lot of noise, and so she looked out a balcony that she was supposed to pass on the way and looked out. She saw lots of people who were leaving the ground, suggesting that the Tournament was over.

She was going to turn around and leave when she saw her uncle Renly walk toward her. "Don't think I didn't notice that you weren't there at the Tournament for more than a minute or two." He said and laughed a little.

"Uncle Renly. It always has been a pleasure to see you."

"Hopefully your opinions of me haven't changed in the while that you haven't seen me?" He said, with a slight grin on her face.

"Oh, and you actually thought I had a good opinion of you?" She said playfully and laughed as she was nudged in the shoulder.

"Alright, alright! Renly the Ravishing! You are as smart as ever. Happy?"

"Very much."

"How's your wife? Has she come? The last I saw of either of you was at the wedding, and I rather enjoyed her company. She's a nice conversationist."

"That she is."

She would have walked away with him to lunch if she hadn't seen Arya walking on the rocks that lead to the castle gates. At least she hoped it was Arya, she couldn't be sure, but she looked too much like her father to not be recognized. Also, the fact that she's been missing...again, doesn't help.

"Uncle Renly...I have something to look after, will I see you at lunch?" she said, with a half amused look on her face.

"Sure."

"Very well then, save a seat for me!" She said, even though there was no need for it, kissed his cheek and ran.

She finally reached the castle gates, just in time to see the wildly energetic little girl take on soldiers on her own. Her pants were very dirty. And her face had dirt too......wait, pants?

"Off with you, no begging." one of the two men said, and Rhea stood behind, easily far to not be noticed, and close enough to hear.

"I'm not a beggar, I live here!" Arya said.