99TH ROSE || Mark Viel Montaño

- MARK VIEL MONTAÑO -

"Hello everyone! I know everyone knows me but let me introduce myself again. I'm Mark Viel Montaño of Grade 11 Class 1, running for the position of Grade 11 Senator," I slightly gestured my left hand. "I guess I don't have to talk too much and I don't want to promise anything except for our platform but the only thing I can do is to do my best to do my duty for all of you so, just vote the right person in the position and I'll say, it'll be me. Thank you."

I smiled widely at the crowd while they clapped their hands after my not-so-long introduction talk and speech. I slightly bowed my head as I walked off the stage and took my seat in the front row. It's our so-called campaign and meeting de advance for the upcoming SSG election in our school. I'm not really into politics but my mom and dad want me to graduate as one of the officers of SSG and learn what leadership really means before they entrust our company to me. I know it sounds funny but it's really true.

"You sound pretty arrogant up there," napatingin agad ako sa kaliwa ko at bumungad sa akin ang maputing chinitang nasa tabi ko habang tinatanggal n'ya ang kanyang maputing earphones sa kanang tainga n'ya. I looked at her intently. I guess she's from the opposing party because of the blue bandana on her right arm. And I can say that she's cute... pretty, I guess?

"Pardon?" I frowned

"Pardon?" I frowned. "Are you talking to me?"

"Obviously. You don't have to ask that," tumingin naman s'ya sa akin na may ngisi sa kanyang labi.

"So you're saying that I'm arrogant up there? Which part?" I asked in disbelief. Seriously? Ano bang masamang sinabi ko kanina sa speech ko kanina?

"Yeah," she shrugged. "You don't have to show your popularity to the crowd by not saying too much in your campaign speech. This is the final campaign. The day after tomorrow will be the election so might as well you'll put an effort to talk in front of these folks behind us and persuade them to vote you in order to win."

"You think?" I scoffed and smiled playfully at her. She's really unbelievable. "I'm just being honest up there. I don't wanna blab anything just to make them choose me because I'm already confident that it'll be me."