Damn Straight

When we got to the bar, I went straight up to my room. I put on a sports bra and a pair of yoga pants before laying on my bed and putting pressure on my ribs. I winced and gasped when I hit the right rib.

I counted four broken ribs. Great.

I sat up as Eliot walked in.

"Ever heard of knocking? I could've been naked." I mumbled.

"Yeah well that would've been a hell of a sight." He chuckled as he sat beside me on the bed. "What was wrong with you earlier? I looked back to Parker just to make sure she was okay too."

"Yeah well I clearly remember one of the others saying something along the lines of 'Protect Parker' or something stupid. And I have four broken ribs and a concussion and- Never mind. Go away." I stood up and went to my bathroom.

"Don't tell me to go away, Skylar. I may not make it look like I care about you, but I do. I care about you just as much, if not even more, than I do about everyone else downstairs. But they haven't been fighting their whole life so I worry about them more than I do you because I know you can take care of yourself, Skye." Eliot looked into my eyes through the mirror as we stood in front of the sink.

"And how did you break your ribs?" He put his arms around my waist and rested his chin on the top of my head.

"I told you. Someone took my crowbar and used it against me."

"Did you get him back?"

"I dunno. I kicked two random guys." I giggled.

"You should get some sleep. You look exhausted."

"Well I have to make a few calls first."

"To who?"

"Nobody you need to worry about."

"I can always have Hardison look through your phone records, Skylar."

"Do that and I'll cut your fingers off."

"Who are you calling?"

I didn't reply. I only looked into his blue gray eyes through the mirror.

"Moreau, right?"

"No. Yes. Maybe. I just need to talk to him about things." I sighed, holding Eliot's hands against my lower stomach.

"You still like him, don't you?" Eliot started to let me go.

"Eliot, he killed my sister and my kid. I can't stand him now." I whispered, trying not to cry. I can't be soft! Crap.

"Right. I'm sorry." He kissed my cheek. I turned to him and wrapped my arms around his neck before kissing him.

I completely ignored the pain in my ribcage as we kissed.

Eliot put his hands on the back of my thighs and lifted me up so I could wrap my legs around his waist. I ran my hand through his dark hair and giggled against his lips.

"Would you like to take this to the bed?" I asked, breathless already.

"Damn straight." He nodded and carried me to the bed. I rolled him on to his back, my hands went down to his belt buckle