Chapter 28: Auditions

(A/N): so I decided to add a bit of Riverdale into this book. Yay. Don't worry, there won't be any deaths lol

Yet 😉 

HEHEHEHE

Edit: IM FUCKING SORRY I HATE RIVERDALE LMAO WHY DID I DO THIS IM SO DUMB AHAHAH ITS A HORRIBLE SHOW OK BYE

"You'll do Fine, Y/N," Michelle assured me as we walked through the theater.

"I'm not worried about that," I scoffed. "I don't even care how I do. I just want it to be done with."

"Alright, auditioners for Sue Snell, up on stage now, please," some guy called. I recognized him, I think his name's Kevin.

"That's you, go get em," Ned laughed.

"You're going to be amazing Y/N, don't worry about it," Peter smiled, pressing his lips together.

God, when he makes that face...

I walked up to the stage, and climbed on. We sat in a circle, there were about 7 girls.

"We'll start to introduce ourselves, going around the circle. I'm Kevin, and I love the performing arts," the guy said, making jazz hands.

"I'm Cassidy, and I like singing," one girl said, shyly, standing up and waving to everyone.

A couple people went, until it was me.

"Y/N, and I was forced to come here," I forcefully grinned.

Once everyone was done, we were each given a script, and we were told to say a couple lines with Sue's boyfriend, Tommy Ross.

The boy's auditions were yesterday.

I saw the guy who was playing Tommy come up on stage, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

It was Dylan. Little shit.

I really hope I don't get this role now.

Everyone took turns, and Kevin took notes.

After we all went, he said that we'd have to sing a song with Tommy to see if our 'voices blend well'.

It was a cheesy song called Do Me A Favour, and I swear my ears were bleeding g the whole time.

Soon, it was my turn.

"Tommy lately, I've just not been feeling right," I sang. "I'm so ashamed of how we've all been treating Carrie white. Now I realize, this is hardly your concern, I hate to drag you into this but I've got nowhere else to turn. Do me a favor..."

Then, the girl who was cast as Chris Hargensen, Gwen, sang another part of the song.

"Help me, I can even up this debt, and we could both give Carrie white, a night she won't forget. Do me a favor," we both sang in unison, as coloured lights and backup dancers came out of nowhere.

A little extra for auditions, right?

"Think of Carrie, I've said everything I could, but one small act of kindness might change carries life for good," I smiled. This is actually kind of fun.

I looked into the crowd, to see my 3 friends cheering.

"Fine," Dylan sang.

"Come on, come on," Gwen and I projected.

"Ok, ok, ok," said Tommy, aka Dylan, and Chris' love interest, unfortunately played by Flash.

"Won't you help me, I can even up this debt," I recited. "I'm begging, I'm pleading, I'm down in my knees, if you really love me well then baby baby please, do me a favour!"

The song ended, and everyone burst out clapping.

I smirked. No one clapped this loud for anyone else.

"I think it's clear, we have our Sue Snell! Y/N Romanoff!" Kevin yelled, applauding.

I stepped off the stage, and ran to my friends.

"Holy shit, that was amazing," Peter said to me, pulling me into a hug.

"Thanks," I smiled.

Ned cleared his throat. I guess we'd been hugging for too long.

"Anyways, do you guys wanna go? Celebr-"

"That's not my name!" Cheryl sang, loudly.

Cheryl Blossom, a rich snob, and mega bitch.

Like she said earlier, she's auditioning for the role of Carrie.

"I hear that word, sounding so sweet, thousands of voices, forever repeating, Carrie, Carrie, Carrie..."

"Let's go!" I said to them.

Jesus, she's so dramatic.

~~~

"How was school today?" My dad asked Peter and I at the table along with the rest of the Avengers.

"Meh. Fine," I shrugged.

Fine?" Peter asked, confused.

"Yeah."

"What do you mean?" Steve asked Peter.

Peter looked at me, raising an eyebrow.

I sighed.

"I auditioned for the musical, Michelle dared me to. Anyways, I got the part."

"She was great, I'm glad I said something," Peter grinned.

Said something?

Everyone then started congratulating me, and hugging me.

"Thanks, guys. It's not a big deal."

"Are you kidding? When's the show?" Natahsa asked. "Who do you play? And what's the musical?"

"Not sure, Sue Snell, and it's Carrie," I replied, setting down my fork.

"Carrie? As in that girl with telekinesis and killed her mum and all those people?" Clint asked.

"Yep, and the biggest bitch in the whole world is playing Carrie. Can't wait," I said sarcastically.

"Language," Cap said.

"Really, Steve?" Sam asked.

"I know. It just, slipped out," he responded.

We all then started laughing.

"Anyways, thanks for dinner dad. Peter and I should get going," I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him up from the table.

"You," I said as we reached the hall, pointing my finger at his chest.

"W-what?"

"I know what you did," I glared at him. "What exactly did you say to Gwen?"

"Oh, yeah, about that," he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "She just asked if I knew anyone who could sing, so I, er, put in a good word."

"Well next time, tell me," I rolled my eyes. "But, um, thanks, that was sweet."

"Yeah, well I mean, I wasn't lying. You're amazing," he muttered, looking deep into my eyes.

I blushed, and looked down.

"We should, uh, we should get going," I cleared my throat.

"Y-yeah. Sure."

"Oh come on, Parker, you're killing me!" I heard my dad yell as I shut my door and began to change.

"S-sorry?" He croaked.

I chuckled.

"Peter?" I reopened my door.

"Hm?" He whipped his head around.

"Get ready, we don't wanna miss anything," I laughed.

Jeez, he's such a dork.