Part One: Beginning of Adventure

(First off, I'd like to thank Drac for inspiring this story. Then I'd like to thank all the WtR crew for just being there and messing around, I've really had fun because of them. And of course, I want to thank the Action profile for creating the Write to Rank challenge! So thank you all!)

(A few of the characters, I think you can tell who, were inspired by a few members of the WtR crew~ I hope no one gets offended!)

(If it seems rushed, that's because I was rushing...)

Everything started off as normal the day I was thrown into a fantasy world, but why wouldn't it?

I logged onto my computer (normal), got online (normal), logged into the online game in which I spent hours a day just questing and having some fun with online friends in which I had never met in real life when I really should've been doing other things (obviously normal), and then I waited.

A few of my party members managed to join before we started the quest. I wouldn't know the reasons why the others didn't make it, something about my natural nervousness kicking in about having other things to do and not wanting my parents to catch me.

I felt bad for starting it without them, and was a bit worried they'd hate me later or something. But I couldn't take back that button click.

Moments after I clicked start and the game was starting, I was watching the loading circle spin out of boredom, beginning to feel drowsy. As I had just woken up a mere half an hour ago, I didn't think much of it.

I never even realized when my eyes slipped shut.

The next thing I knew, I was riding on the back of the Quest Gryphon thousands of feet above the ground. Honestly, I don't know how I managed not to scream aloud. My body seemed to have settled for holding on for dear life, and the Gryphon grumbled in response.

"You've been on my back before... Have I ever dropped you?"

I offered no reply, but began to notice that I was wearing black cloth and leather armor that was similar, no, the exact same as my avatar's dress wear. I was in the game! It... wasn't as exciting as I thought it'd be...

It then occurred to me that if I was there in the game, then surely my party mates had gotten sucked in as well. I gathered up the courage to look up.

The wind rushed past me, whipping my hair and loose cloth about, part of me wished I had a mirror just to see what I looked like up close rather than on a computer screen. From what I remembered of my avatar, I was dress in nearly all black with intricate patterns of silver weaving around each piece of armor on my arms, legs, shoulders and converging on the right side of my chest to form a silver moon and dragon symbol.

I had light red eyes, though they were hard to see through the white and red dragon mask that I wore, and dusty brown silver hair. There was also a cloth mask that I wore underneath the wooden dragon mask, for reasons unknown even to me.

Around me, I saw my three party members, the ones who'd logged on before I recklessly pressed start, riding on their own Quest Gryhpon with mixed reactions.

Our ranger/half forest spirit, his dark green cloak whipping behind him and the hood shielding his face, looked rather intrepid, and because of his cloak being whipped around, I was able to see his bow and arrows strapped to his back.

Our mage/witch was clinging on for dear life just as I had been, and still kinda was, her lush purple hair flowing around with the wind currents and her black and dark purple mage outfit barely disturbed, only the tip of her hat wiggled around wildly.