CHAPTER 43: LEAVING

Start from the beginning

"Can you at least have a proper talk with Mom and Dad?". This time I was silenced. The truth is, my relationship with my parents kinda drifted away like the years that's gone by. And my ten-year stay abroad didn't help either. 

It was the night on Pang's birthday that my parents let me know how they truly feel about my relationship with Noh.A big heavy lump that have been kept in the deepest corner of my heart surfaced as the memory of that night came by.

 I was hurt. I was made to believe that they have accepted us only to be told that they did not even believe that it was real in the first place.

I was hurt for myself but I was even more hurt for my Noh. Every time I remember his genuine smile towards my parents, my heart flinches in pain. No matter how shy and awkward he is and that I have to dragged him most of the times just to come to my house, whenever he greets them, I knew it was all genuine.

And to think, they treat our love like a joke, just a experimental phase sprung because of our youth. Something that will soon be over, like some game that will someday be thrown or deleted... fleeting and soon to be forgotten.

Unconsciously, my hand felt the space right in the middle of my chest. My hand is searching for a familiar thing that is always there. My gaze fell down to see there's nothing hanging in there. Nothing....only  the soft cotton fabric of my shirt. The shiny silver tag that used to be there is gone. A wave of loneliness swept my entire being. I felt a pair of eyes watched me silently. I managed to give a small smile to Pang.

Her eyes followed where I've clenched my hands. I know she wants to asks things, but I'm glad she held it in. I love how she understand me even without us talking.

We were in silence.

"Well, tomorrow is still Friday. I still have a whole day to spend with you", her cheerful voice is back. " I wanna go out. We'll go to the Lumphini Park, Terminal 21 then at Siam Paragon and....uhmmm, where else", I chuckled at her serious expression. She doesn't sound like a married woman but rather a child who is about to go for the first time. Ahhh...no matter how time past by, Nong Pang will always be a little sister to me. 

"hey..hey...we only have a day. Can we cover that many places???Besides, I might just end carrying all your shopping bags", I teasingly tell her."have pity on your brother, I'm not getting any younger",I faked my complaints.

"Awwww. P'Phun", Pang whines like a child." We won't be shopping, I promise.We'll just roam around and revisit the places we used to go to. I want to introduce Bangkok back to you. Who knows, you might find that you miss Bangkok after all and decide to just stay here", she childishly grin at me. "Please...P'Phun......".

"How about Nong Pop?", I had to remind this young lady that she is married now.

"I told him already that is our date. Beside he needs to go to his office .So you can't say no. Who knows when I could see you again??".

"Eerrr...okay..okay..I'll go with you", I finally surrendered. I nodded at her smiling face.

"YEY!!!!!!!", she clapped gaily as she happily eats her muffin.

I smiled at my sister's happy face. I feel guilty leaving her but I know someone will take care of her.

Looking at her enjoying her baked goodies, it reminded me of someone's happy face while holding a box of cream puffs.

I wonder how is he now?

Author's Note:

Phun's thinking of someone, who could it be?

That's it for now, till next weekend my precious ones...😂😂😂

Enjoy

Xee Yah ^_^