Chapter 4- Four eyeballs and seven toes

Authors note: a extra long chapter! I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts! Comments are more than welcome!!

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

       "Nyaahhyaah" I groan loudly, slapping my alarm and stretching my arms high above me in bed, curling my toes and kicking my legs out the bottom of the blankets. Mornings, I HATE mornings. Bright sun, birds chirping, whole day ahead of me. Clearly evil.

       I look over at Spig and, not surprisingly, he's still snoring away. The dude's just had how many hours of deep space slumber and yet he's still out cold. I've been at school slaving away all this time and he's been living it up back home, and now he wants to sleep in? Ha! I don't think so.

       He can't even sleep normally anyway. Just look at him now. He's on his stomach with his face planted in the pillow. His knees are under his chest with bum raised in the air. His arms are backwards by his sides with his palms facing the ceiling. And, he snores. LOUD! Not like the cute cartoon snoring with a soft snort in and bit of a whistle out, Oh no. We're talking the wall shaking, freight train in, jet engine out variety of snoring.

"Spig." I call over to him, sitting up.

"Spignek?"

"Hey SPIG!"

Sigh. If I have to get up then he sure as hell has to get up too.

I throw my blankets back and slide out of bed, slipping on my comfy sheep filled Ugh boots and creep quietly over to Spig's bed. I lean right over his half crumpled form while trying to stifle a giggle.

       His face is still planted in his pillow so I lightly tickle the back of his long neck with the tips of my fingers. He grunts mid snore, licks his lips and turns his face to the side, and away from me. Nothing, except for more snoring that is. 

"Spig-neck, time to get u-up." I sing softly to him. His snoring falters a little and he turns his face towards me, but his eyes stay closed and he's definitely not awake yet. I stand back up straight and am trying to decide if the 'Morning Feline Alarm' might just work once again when Potts pads softly into our bedroom. Totally a sign, clearly. My lips twitch up into an evil smile, and I creep softly over to the doorway where I pick Potts up.

       The little black and white hairball comes in handy every now and then.

       I carry him over to Spig's bed and hold his furry face as close to Spig's face as I can get.

I take a deep breath and count down in my head 3 – 2 – 1...

"SPIGNEK!!!" I bellow.

Spignek opens his eyes with a bang, takes in the cat, sits up so fast that he rolls backwards out of bed, and lands face first on the floor. I collapse in hysterics as poor Potts scampers for the door as fast as his little legs can carry him.

"August, really?" Spignek's voice is sleepy and muffled and comes from the floor on the other side of his bed, "Again!?!"

**********************************************************************************

Outside the sky is bright blue, with the sun shining above the top of the houses across the street. The air is crisp and clean and smells like fresh bed linen. Spig and I are walking side by side on our way to school, laughing because he keeps jostling me off the footpath.