Chapter 9

Elizabeth P.O.V

I heard a shot and I froze letting out a shriek of fear at the sound.

I turned around and I saw the hunter standing on one leg awkwardly. He had his rifle pointing at me, but I didnt feel any pain making me sigh relieved, he had probably most likely missed! Maybe even by centimeters!

He suddenly fell to the ground groaning in pain, I had shot his knee and blood was coming out like a river making me feel sick!

I never wanted to touch a gun ever in my life again!

I turned around again to face Ashton and his eyes were scrunched in pain making me worry at once, that damn hunter had really beaten the crap out of him!

He was probably in so much pain from his leg, I had noticed he wanted to scream out in pain but he held it in. It teared my heart to see him like this but we had to go while we still had the chance.

I shook him lightly "Ashton we have to go! This is our chance, Im sorry but you're going to have to stand" I said apologetically. 

I looked at his swollen face, his left eye already going purple, the whole side of his face was bright red going blue, his lip was bleeding and he had a cut on the side of his head, not to mention that his leg was definately broken.

 It was all my fault, he was trying to protect me and he got hurt!

 He had saved me from that nasty man and I was grateful he did but God he was so hurt! How was he going to walk all the way to the road?!

"Ashton" I said his name again ignoring the way my ribs throbbed, I too, wanted to roll in pain and cry and cry but I didnt, all that mattered to me now was that we had to escape while we had the chance.

He opened his eyes and groaned, I frowned worriedly when I saw his unfocused eyes, oh no, he couldnt pass out on me right now!

His hands were pressing on the side of his stomach hard and he kept sort of panting for breath, as if he had cried so much there was nothing left in him, his ragged breath made me begin to worry even more now.

"Ashton?" I repeated his name worriedly, his breath was hitching, it seemed that he couldnt breathe!

"Ashton! Ashton!" I said his name terrified now, "What-?" I looked at his hands, they were full of blood.

I gasped and felt my heart stop, literally my heart stopped, I put his head on my legs and moved my hands to were his where.

"Ashton" I said in a shaky voice trembling all over "Let me see baby" I tried to pride his hands from the spot he was holding but he didnt move them. "Ashton please baby let me see!" I moved his hands and gasped again wincing in pain from my ribs.

But nothing prepared me for what I would see underneath his hands!

I almost swooned at the sight of so much blood and felt as if I couldnt breathe myself.

He had been shot! Ashton was the one who had gotten shot instead of me!

Tears blinded me and I sobbed loudly not caring if it hurt my ribs, Ashton had been shot!

I looked at the wound and felt sick, how could I have not noticed it before? It was in the side of his stomach and blood was gushing out of it.

I closed my eyes feeling very very sick and lightheaded, this couldnt be happening to me!

This wasnt real!

It couldnt be!

Ashton wasnt shot!