Don't forget about me - Prologue

Louis Tomlinson was my bestfriend. Yes, Was. We use to do everything together. Build sand castles, laugh at what some people would wear, sing together, and complain about our parents. We were like two peas in a pod. You would never see us without each other. He was my shopping buddy, eating buddy, even singing buddy. He would always tell me I had a great singing voice, and I would compliment his as well. We were the bestfriends that everyone wish they had.

Our mothers were great friends as well. They met when they were just in middle school.

"You know, Jay and I were just like you and Louis when we were younger." My mom would tell me everytime we are on our way to the Tomlinson's house. I would usually just nod as she would tell the story of how they met over and over again. A story that I remembered by heart.

They met in 6 grade. My mom was a new student and didn't know anyone at that school yet. They met in lunch, Jay noticed that she was all alone so she sat down with her and offered her some of her bread. After that they been bestfriends. They promised to do everything together.

When they turned 18 they both moved out and rented an apartment together. Jay was my moms maid of honor as my mom was hers. Louis and I would always say that we want our friendship to be like that. That we would always do everything together.

So far we had kept that promise. I convinced him to try out for the X-Factor. I was there the whole way through. I was always front row cheering him and his group on. I voted for him as much as I could. I wanted him to win. I wanted him to be able to say he is doing something he loves. I wanted him to be happy.

Just in the middle of Louis becoming famous my family decided that it would be the best idea to move all the way too Orlando and leave everything behind us. Of course I had no word in this, I never do when it comes to moving around. no matter how much it would change my life.

"Do you have to leave?" Louis asked wrapping his arms around me. I nodded as tears rushed to my eyes. How could I leave my bestfriend? Especially now? When he needs me around to remind him why he did all of this in the first place.

"I dont want to leave you either. I mean who else will make sure you wont turn into some sassy bitch?"

"Too late for that, babe." Louis smirked, pushing a strand of my hair out of my face. I giggled as I pulled away and looked him in his eyes.

"Darn." I said sarcastically. "I guess you dont need me here anymore." I winked. He faked looking hurt and grabbed my shoulders.

"Guess this is goodbye then." He shook my hand. "Great knowing you buddy."

I slightly shook my head in disapproval before my mind jumped back to reality and I realized just in a few minutes I will be boarding the plane and heading to my new home in Orlando. "I love you Louis." I mumbled trying to hold back my tears.

"I love you too Amber." He whispered pulling me into another hug. I looked over his shoulder and saw my family walking towards us. I felt a tear run down my cheek as I snuggled my face into his neck and started sobbing. Louis gently rubbed my back and kept whispering that everything was going to be okay in my ear. How was he so calm? Why couldnt I be like him? I hated being so sensitive, so emotional, but thats what Louis says he loves the most about me.

"I got to go." I mumbled pulling away and wiping away my tears. Louis nodded as he wiped away the last tear drop on my cheek. Even though Louis was trying his best to show me that everything was going to be alright, I could tell in his eyes that he was as worried as I am.

"Come on Amber, we have to board onto the plane now." My mom said as she picked up the bag I was bringing on the plane.

"One minute?" My mom nodded and they all walked away leaving Louis and I alone once again.

I stared at Louis as he stared back for what felt like hours when in reality it was just seconds, and at that moment I knew in my heart no matter what happens once I get on that plane to leave; whether it's something bad happens to the plane and I don't make it, or even the worst outcome, Louis decides he doesn't want to be my friend anymore. I know deep down I will always be in love with my bestfriend.

"Guess what?" Louis asked breaking the silence.

"What?" I brought my attention back to him and I could see tears in his eyes.

"Your my bestfriend, Scott." His voice broke in the middle of the sentence but I couldnt help but widely smile like a little girl meeting Santa for the first time in the mall, because we been saying this ever since we were 6 years old.

"You're my best friend, Tommo." He smiled back at me and at that moment I knew I would always feel lost if I couldn't look at his beautiful blue eyes at least once a day. I wrapped my arms around him one last time and I couldnt find myself to let go of him. Not yet at least.

"Promise me something?" I whispered into his neck.

"Anything."

"Dont forget about me. Even when you become the most popular boyband please dont forget me." He nodded as he kissed the top of my head.

"If we ever go to Orlando your the first thing i'm searching for." I pulled away from him and let out a small laugh.

"Don't forget, Tommo."

"Never Scott."

I could tell something was bothering him right as he spoke those words, but I decided to ignore it because I didn't want to worry about anything else today.

With that I kissed him on the cheek and joined my family and walked towards our flight. I turned to look at Louis one last time and waved goodbye. He waved back as I saw a tear stream down his face. This moment was probably the worst I ever felt. leaving behind my bestfriend is the worst thing I could ever have done.