eight

"Hide me!" Xingjie exclaimed, pulling Yanchen towards him. "I can't believe she came here!"

Yanchen looked towards the direction he was pointing at. He spotted Chunhua with her brother, Xikan, trailing behind her.

"What's wrong with her coming here?" Yanchen asked, going to his work of fixing the tent for Mingzhu's booth.

"Well, duh, it's a saturday and the principal specifically told the students to come back to fix their booths for valentine's week," Xingjie explained. "And I quote, only the students who go to school here."

Yanchen rolled his eyes, "She was once a student here, too."

"Yeah, but she transferred schools!"

"Because you broke her heart,"

"That wasn't the reason, Zhou Yanchen!" Xingjie pointed out. "Why am I even hiding from her? We have nothing going on, right?"

"Nothing going on with who?"

Yanchen almost dropped the screw he was holding as Xingjie hid behind his back again.

Chunhua was eating a lollipop as she smiled at the two, "You guys seem busy,"

Yanchen greeted her, "We are, since the principal wanted the booths to be up by tuesday."

Xingjie fixed his shirt and came back to his senses, "You can run along now. The adults are working,"

"I can help!" Chunhua happily said, walking towards Mingzhu's booth and holding some decorations, "We just have to hang this up right?"

Yanchen nods and pointed at some of the hearts on the right side, "That one goes to the middle,"

"On it," Chunhua started working as soon as she was given the orders. She hung up the hearts and soon enough, the booth was getting colorful.

Xingjie leaned kneeled down in front of Yanchen, "Why did you let her help?"

"You want to stay away from her, right?" Yanchen whispered, not looking up since he was busy setting the candles on the ground. "I'm doing you a favor here. Go flirt with your girls while she stays and helps me."

Yanchen emphasized the word stays and soon enough Xingjie understood his plan.

Huba patted his didi's head, "You are a great brother. I owe you one."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

On the other side of the field, Shuzhen and Zuo Ye have just finished setting up the booth. The only thing missing is the decorations and what they're actually going to put inside it.

"Are you just gonna sit there and watch us do all the dirty work?" Shuzhen asked Peiyao who was lying on his back on the grass.

"I'm doing the dirty work, too," Peiyao replied, pointing at a dog who was sitting under the shade of the tree, "I'm dog-sitting Mingzhu's dog. He poops and pees a lot in unexpected places,"

Zuo Ye took a picture of the shihtzu and smiled, "He's such an angel,"

"Didn't Mingzhu received that dog last christmas?" Shuzhen remembers, "Shouldn't the dog been trained by now?"

Peiyao shrugs and looked at Shuzhen, "Are you willing to train Mushu?"

Before Shuzhen could reply, Zimo arrived with Mingzhu. He was carrying two boxes.

"It's finally here!" Zimo announced, putting the boxes on the booth.

"What are those?" Peiyao asks, carrying Mushu. "Eggs for Jeffrey again?"

"No. It's some anime merchandise, I bought online. We're going to be selling them in the booth." Zimo explains his plan. "Plus, we can let them watch a show of us cosplaying!"

Mingzhu nods, "That's actually a great idea."

Shuzhen sighed, "Do we all have to wear costumes?"

"Of course," Zimo smirked at her, "What do you want to cosplay as?"

"Not your partner, that's for sure,"

Zimo frowned, "Aww, but we looked good together back then. We were once the cosplaying couple!"

Mingzhu looked at Shuzhen, "You're a cosplayer?"

The girl in question shrugs, "Zimo and I used to cosplay a lot back then and we would always go as pairs."

Mingzhu smiled, patting Mushu's head, "Interesting."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

any ideas on what zimo and shuzhen can cosplay? HAHA i'm taking suggestions