Diamond in the Rough by @ESHurricane

When the ebony haired woman slid up to the bar, tiger tattoo snarling it's way up her bicep, it was as if all the air went out of the room. Jasmine raised her left hand flippantly and the patrons went back about their business, turning away to converse out of earshot. One man actually slipped outside, eyes wide with fear.

She eyed the bartender, a cute little redhead in a green pencil skirt. She glided over with catlike grace and leaned on her hands, giving Jasmine an excellent view of her ample cleavage.

"What'll it be?" the redhead asked, proud that she managed to keep the nervousness out of her voice.

"Scotch, please," the Princess replied, "and your name."

"Ariel." The bartender blushed as she turned to pull their best bottle down from the top shelf. She didn't often serve Scotch in this dive bar.

"Pretty," Jasmine replied, and inclined her head in thanks as she accepted her drink. She crossed her long legs, the flowing skirt of her pastel blue dress exposing her thigh from the high slit.

"Ah, I'm gone for less than five minutes and my spot gets taken," a male voice drawled, and the Princess raised an eyebrow. She turned her head as a handsome dark haired man slid onto the stool next to her. His dark eyes glittered with mischievousness as his lips curled into a smirk.

Ariel swallowed hard at the exchange, her eyes wide. "Al!" she scolded, and he shot her a questioning look.

"It's okay," Jasmine waved her off, not taking her eyes off of the newcomer in the dark purple button down shirt. Coupled with his white pants, he looked like he'd just walked out of the loser frat house on campus. With his preppy style and his far-too-handsome face, this guy was going to get eaten alive out here. If he had money, and he looked like he did, he wouldn't last the night.

"I can't say I mind," his face broke out into a boyish smile, and she couldn't deny his attractiveness. "I would have given you my seat had you asked for it."

"You would have made me ask?" she inquired with a flutter of her eyelashes, and he threw his head back in a laugh. It was a hearty and genuine sound, and it warmed her a touch.

"I suppose women as beautiful as you are allowed to be that bold," he winked, and she shook her head in disbelief.

"You really have no idea who I am, do you?" she asked, and took a long sip of her drink.

He raised an eyebrow, watching her plump lips press around the rim of the glass. "Should I?"

"Probably," she smiled, "but it's refreshing that you don't. What brings you to Agra?"

"Ah, am I that transparent?" He chuckled and gave Ariel a thumbs-up as she slid a beer across the bar to him.

"Very much so," Jasmine lifted her hand to signal her own refill as he took a deep swig.

"Here on business, I guess one could say." He shrugged, and leaned on his elbow. "And you? You're a local, I guess?"

"That I am," she replied with a little nod, "lived here all of my life."

He whistled low between his teeth. "You must be a badass, then," he commended, "growing up in a rough city like this."

"And don't you forget it." She winked, and slid her empty glass back across the bar to Ariel. "Are you working right now? Or are your evenings for pleasure?"

"I was supposed to meet someone just a few minutes before you showed up, but it seems they're not coming." He shrugged noncommittally. "So I suppose this evening is for pleasure." A lock of his dark hair fell across his eyes and he brushed it away. She couldn't help but enjoy the graceful contour of his jaw in the dim light, though her mind flicked back to the guy that had fled as soon as she'd come in.