Part 33: Karma's A Bitch

Acon's P.O.V.

Ice gripped my legs as I watch her body freeze the floor and hold us still. Everything froze in place, it seemed as if time froze as well. Ravenna, she's almost gone. Why did she make the deal in her last moments of thought?

"Acon, dispose of the bitches body. I want it cremated and stored in the cellar with the rest of the mutts." Zalgo yelled at me as he melted through the ice, using my fire.

Robotically, I replied not being able to stop the control he had over me, "Yes master." Zalgo booked it after Offenderman and his mate, or whatever you wanna call it once I responded. Zalgo made me use too much fire, I couldn't melt my way out of the ice. My body wanted to fall to the ground and weep in sadness, sadness over Ravenna dying. Grief and regret are all I've felt since the day he first took control. Since the day he made 'me' chase Raven off. I never loved Lina, I never cared about that whore one bit. Not even when Zalgo forced me to pleasure her to harm Raven even more. I hated the demons who disguised themselves as my friends. I hated everyone, besides Raven. She always calmed the rage that came with Knox, The Fire Dragon of the South. 

Raven's body twitched slightly as if she tried to move. Knox's raging tempest of fire that was growing flamed to life as my body was filled with strength and heat. The darkness that normally clouded my vision dissipated as if Zalgo was injured or near death. Taking that chance I melted the ice around me and ran. I ran, not to Zalgo the one who betrayed me but to the one who needed saving.

"Ravenna... please speak to me, do not let go...please," I begged as I slid onto my knees next to her, "Please Ravenna." The face was paling and her body becoming cold as ice from the lack of blood. The only part of her that had color left was her eyes, the deep amber almost red eyes that I love.

"Acon...Why? Why are you doing this?" The wound was seeping blood still. Placing my hand over her gut wound I let out a little fire cauterizing her wound, trying to give us more time for me to explain.

"He told me that he would keep you safe... I made the worst deal of my life to keep you safe from being sacrificed at the monastery for your beauty. They were going to overlook your connection and sacrifice you for some stupid old blood offering to the Matriarch of the Elemental Dragons," She let out a soft groan as my fire slowly warmed her up, "I never loved Lina I've always hated that whore. After I made that deal with him a darkness clouded my vision and I couldn't control anything, not my voice or my body. He had taken complete control." I could feel her dragon reaching out for Knox. Letting him go to her I used both of my hands to warm her frozen body back to normal.

"A-Acon... I, I want you to help save (Y/n) then bury me with my ancestors atop the highest mountain a-at the monastery." Her voice was weak and sounded almost broken. I pulled her body onto my lap feeding her more of my body heat. On instinct, her body curled into mine seeking the warmth it provided.

"Please, Ravenna please stay with me. Please... I love you." Her body was shaking, I could hear her breathing slow down immensely. I started shaking her. "Raven please, I'm sorry I never meant for everything to turn out this way. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Please... don't go, I can't live without you."

"I-I don't wanna go... Acon. Please bury me with my ancestors... I lo-" Leaning down I kissed her lips one last time cutting off the words that would tear me apart even more. As she kissed me back lightly I felt her heartbeat stop and her body fall slightly limp. Ravenna died in my arms. Anger and a tempest of fire and smoke tore through my body as Knox and I roared in grief letting out a breath of fire so hot that it seared all the red stones black.

'Knox...'

'Yes, little one?'

'We must go back to the monastery. We must fulfill Ravenna, Protector, and Caster for the Great Dragon of the North's last wishes.'

'I would be a great honor to fulfill her last wishes. She protected my Corra with great honor and dignity.'  I slowly lifted Ravenna's body into my arms to find her master, so he can be present during the burial. Wandering down the hallways I followed the sound of voices up and down corridors until I saw them standing there. Offenderman tucking (Y/n) behind him as Zalgo advanced with hands of fire.

Word Count: (826)