The Beginning

[Y/N]'s POV

The world has gone to shit.

  When I was a child the first android was created to make life easier and proficient, but oh— oh how was humanity wrong. Overtime, the plastics took over the globe like an epidemic. I had to deal with android instructors when I decided to enroll in the police academy — they kicked my ass with the physical training — and I had to deal with assholes like Gavin. When I decided to be an investigator I never expected to be paired up with an Android and a grumpy, old man.

  "Hello, Miss [L/N]. I've been sent by CyberLife to accompany you in the mission to stop the deviants." Android Rk800 told me when I walked to my desk.

"Sorry?" I said while looking at his physical exterior. He had brown chestnut hair that matched with his eyes. "I thought I was paired up with Lieutenant Anderson"

The android gave me an expressionless glare. His eye seemed focus; he was analyzing me. "Sorry to disappoint you Detective [L/N]. My name is Connor and it was best interest from the company that a specialized model will insists investigators."

I dropped the two folders on my desk. "Have you seen Lieutenant Anderson, Connor?" I asked while sipping on my black coffee.

Connor squinted his eyes while looking at my mug. "I have not. I expected you to know about his whereabouts — did you know Detective [L/N] that drinking that much of caffeine is not recommended."   

I rolled my eyes and took another sip of my coffee, "Don't judge my habits plastic boy. Wait till you see that old man Anderson" I put my coffee down, "I think I have an idea where he is at."

I had to deal with Connor's bewildered eyes when he entered our fifth bar of the night. "This has to be the one. If that old man is not here then he has to be in some ditch in the middle of nowhere." I told Connor as we looked around.

Connor ignored me and walked passed me. He walked around the bar. I looked around and stared at the television screen.

REPORT: Another homicide in Detroit.

"Lieutenant Anderson, you have been placed in a homicide case." I heard Connor's mechanical voice from across the bar. "Fuck off" Anderson took another sip of his beer.

I walked up to the two guys. I put my hands in my pockets. "Good Evening, Lieutenant. The android is correct, you and I have been placed on the same homicide case."

Lieutenant Anderson took a big sigh, "So I am stuck with a little girl and a plastic motherfucker."

Connor repeated what he said earlier to me in the police office, "it was best interest from the company that a specialized model will insists investigators, Lieutenant Anderson."

I stared at him. He is so human like...he even has moles on his face. But I knew better, he is just a robot — a machine.

Hank Anderson kept dodging poor, poor Connor. When Connor mentioned buying Hank another glass of beer; Hank's eyes lit up. "Make that two." He told the bartender.

"I'll like a beer" I said. Lieutenant Anderson — Hank — narrowed his eyes, "aren't you underage?"

"I am clearly not underage. I recently turned twenty-five, Lieutenant Anderson. But thanks for the compliment."

Connor glared at me with curiosity.

What the fuck are you staring at?