The boy did nothing as he watched the girl nuzzle his hand holding the washcloth.

This won't do.

He then, hesitantly removed his hand from her hold, making her eyes flutter open. And Hoseok thought he's going to lose his resolve then and join her in that bed. She was like a deer caught in headlights, her eyes alarmed but too sleepy to fully process what's happening around her. So instead he threw the washcloth in the basin and looked back at the girl with a tangle of brown hair and squished both cheeks until she was pouting very cutely.

"You, miss, will eat breakfast with me so you can take your medicine." He said and pinched her cheeks making her lips move like a fish in an aquarium.

"Guh." She grunted in response lifting herself up from the bed. But Hoseok was faster, he's fast enough that Wendy barely moved an inch and he had the blanket wrapped around her.

"

Please. Please. Can you behave a bit and think of me." He pleaded and gave her the top as he turned around to let her put it on.

Hoseok mumbled a soft prayer for himself asking for strength for at least half of the day. He's barely an hour in and he's already feeling exhausted and drained.

It pains him to see his best friend let loose, uncensored, and vulnerable around him, because in the end he'll be the one to catch all of it as she ends up not remembering anything. Nothing. Nada.

The things she wanted to say in reality kept tucked and hidden safe away from the person she wanted to tell the most. And his reality is to keep that little belief of hers secured and uncharted.

Hoseok now being lost in thoughts, was caught unawares by the sudden weight on his back. Wendy has decided she wants a piggyback ride. He almost tumbled backwards but it's a good thing his reflexes kicked in, plus his thighs were strong enough due to constant dance practice.

"Yaaay!" Wendy squealed as she placed both arms around his neck, her heat seeping through his short sleeved hoodie. She's burning and he can feel it in her skin as they made closer contact. Wendy placed her head at the crook of his neck and inhaled.

"I love your smell. It smells like you."

"Is that a good smell or a bad smell?" He queried as he started to walk towards the kitchen, carefully walking down the few steps of the stairs.

"Hmmm..." She sniffed once more, "it smells like..." She started drunkenly, as if his smell was induced with alcohol, "like home."

Hoseok stiffened, he wanted to badly turn to her, to look at her and ask her directly what has been nagging on his head. But he kept on moving forward without glancing at her on his back.

Wendy sensing that she's been given the approval to resume her soliloquy continued, "I think I can sleep peacefully with this scent on my bed everyday."

No amount of internal cursing could suffice the struggle Hoseok felt. No, she's not heavy, not even in the slightest. But the words she carelessly let out weigh more than he wanted them to.

Because at the end of the day, it's his ear that will hear more, it's his eyes that will see more, it's his hands that will touch more, it's his mind that will ruminate more, it's his heart that will ache more and she will remain oblivious and unbothered.

"Don't make me drop you."

"Shhh. Shhh." She giggled at she put her index finger on his lips in an attempt to shush the boy.